FORUMS
Elessar

Diablo 3 tooltips in Firefox

On the D3 sections, tooltips end up with a transparent background and black text, making them illegible.  This does not occur in Chrome or with any other games' guides.  As far as I can tell, Blizzard's "tooltips.css" just isn't loading, though I can't quite determine why, even though other external stylesheets load fine.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//static.icy-veins.com/css/icyveins-common-8529a0f1f774fc9030cf3723335f4a4d.css" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="//static.icy-veins.com/css/icyveins-print-common-095c74c1fe668fa836ce916c23b8474c.css" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//static.icy-veins.com/css/icyveins-d3-326ed2f7e047afbf0c399e2c9cba1f5a.css" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//us.battle.net/d3/static/css/tooltips.css" />

Also, if I just take the contents of that css file and load it as a custom stylesheet in Firefox's style editor, it does display correctly.

30 minutes ago, Elessar said:

On the D3 sections, tooltips end up with a transparent background and black text, making them illegible.  This does not occur in Chrome or with any other games' guides.  As far as I can tell, Blizzard's "tooltips.css" just isn't loading, though I can't quite determine why, even though other external stylesheets load fine.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//static.icy-veins.com/css/icyveins-common-8529a0f1f774fc9030cf3723335f4a4d.css" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="//static.icy-veins.com/css/icyveins-print-common-095c74c1fe668fa836ce916c23b8474c.css" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//static.icy-veins.com/css/icyveins-d3-326ed2f7e047afbf0c399e2c9cba1f5a.css" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//us.battle.net/d3/static/css/tooltips.css" />

Also, if I just take the contents of that css file and load it as a custom stylesheet in Firefox's style editor, it does display correctly.

What version of Firefox are you running?

The CSS loads fine for me in Firefox 57.0

12 minutes ago, Damien said:

What version of Firefox are you running?

The CSS loads fine for me in Firefox 57.0

This is also version 57.0, with Windows 10, though I had noticed this behavior several months/versions ago.  I'm not entirely sure what else might affect this, then.

Edit: I should also note that it likewise does not show up in the console (even as an error) when listing all requests.

tooltip_issue.thumb.PNG.cc69c0ce491b587b16fb7d6a8dab0f7b.PNG

network_panel.thumb.PNG.8b0645a02a82cf2d3899d12b0621782a.PNG

Edited by Elessar

That's really strange. I tried with Windows 10 and Firefox 57.0. It displays properly. Not sure what to say here. Do you have any extensions? I'd like to reproduce your setup.

Ugh, it was just user error... >.<  Privacy Badger was the culprit, which definitely should have been one of the first things to try... although I also use that on Chrome, which was what initially threw me off that trail.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1