FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Papiciulo

low DPS Frost mage

Hello,

Could you please help me in finding out what am I doing wrong?

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/papiciulo

Please see below logs which shows that I am below the average in comparison with other players.

I believe I am using the rotation as explained on the site but I am sure I sometimes mess it up.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jhPzfdJF6C3Z2BmH/#boss=-2&difficulty=0&type=damage-done&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%24112194191.0.0.Monk%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240^0%24Separate%24%23909049%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%24108462731.0.0.Mage%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240^0%24Separate%24%23a04D8A%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%24108462731.0.0.Mage%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240

I hope I have created this topic correctly.

Many thanks in advance,

Papi

Edited by Papiciulo

Few points:

• You waste Brain Freeze procs by either gaining another one before you use it or simply letting it expire. This should never happen. 
  • Never EVER hard cast Flurry.
  • You don't use IV enough - you are missing casts of it in fights constantly. Missing even one cast is a huge DPS loss.
  • You don't Frozen Orb enough on AoE fights. Delaying a spell with a 1 minute cooldown for 50 seconds is not worth it.
  • You stop-cast a number of times, meaning you probably aren't sure of mechanics on the fights? You interrupt your casting to move. Doing this every so often is fine, when you do it too much, you're starting in the wrong place or getting very unlucky.
  • On certain fights you have a huge amount of downtime - this could be caused again by tactic knowledge or simply being forced to soak things you shouldn't be.
  • Remember to always shatter your Flurry.

Hope these help a bit.

Thank you so very much for your reply. This helps a lot as well as confirms my suspicions. Came late into TOS trying hard to catch up while following mechanics but that's no excuse... Once again thank you:) I will pay closer attention to above.

20 hours ago, Papiciulo said:

Thank you so very much for your reply. This helps a lot as well as confirms my suspicions. Came late into TOS trying hard to catch up while following mechanics but that's no excuse... Once again thank you:) I will pay closer attention to above.

It's easy to learn the mechanics, but it's tough to predict them. It comes with just raiding constantly, since you start to learn what you can or can't take the damage of, thereby letting you maximise your DPS.

• Thanks 1