FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
blecap

Reforgelite vs Ask Mr Robot

Hello fellow warlocks.

I've some questions. I'd like to know if which addon is better? I want to maximize my dps to oblivion! But I find Mr robot too much work, reforgelite seems so simple. But the question is which is the most accurate addon I should download?

I tried Mr Robot last night, it ask me to gem all mastery, my ilvl is 524. Reforgelite obviously(I think) reforge differently. So anyone can advise me on this is truly appreciated! Thank you.

They both do the same thing.  Remember, both are just tools.  It's your job and responsibility to know how to use the tool and how to implement what it tells you.  You're asking a question on what stat is best, not what tool is best.  Mastery is king for all 3 specs. 

ReforgeLite and some common sense.

Gemming is the easiest thing to do right imo, you want more mastery. Mo' mastery, mo' dead bosses. 

Red=Int/mastery

yellow=mastery

blue= hit/mastery is doable if the socket bonuses is amazing, but screw that noise. I normally just throw a pure mastery in there, partly because pure mastery is cheaper than snake shit on my server. 

Reforge around your hit/haste needs. ReforgeLite kicks AMR ass because 1) I hate AMR 2) ReforgeLite is in game and does it for you...so...set it up, click it, sit back and let it work for you. Winning.

ReforgeLite and some common sense.

Gemming is the easiest thing to do right imo, you want more mastery. Mo' mastery, mo' dead bosses. 

Red=Int/mastery

yellow=mastery

blue= hit/mastery is doable if the socket bonuses is amazing, but screw that noise. I normally just throw a pure mastery in there, partly because pure mastery is cheaper than snake shit on my server. 

Reforge around your hit/haste needs. ReforgeLite kicks AMR ass because 1) I hate AMR 2) ReforgeLite is in game and does it for you...so...set it up, click it, sit back and let it work for you. Winning.

It seems like AMR believes that 160 exp + 160 mastery is superior to 80 int + 160 mastery. I guess that leaves that much more to reforge into your best secondaries.

Simcraft on my toon has backed this up, though it's marginal, and I'm sure it will change once I have enough hit/exp on gear.

AMR is correct in that it is technically superior, but the margin is like 30-40 DPS.  In a scale that deals with 250-400k DPS, 30-40 per exp/mast gem isn't going to swing your DPS anywhere of notice. 

It's difficult to gem Expertise when your gear has tons of Hit as well.  It's a unique situation for each every time.

AMR is correct in that it is technically superior, but the margin is like 30-40 DPS.  In a scale that deals with 250-400k DPS, 30-40 per exp/mast gem isn't going to swing your DPS anywhere of notice. 

It's difficult to gem Expertise when your gear has tons of Hit as well.  It's a unique situation for each every time.

swimming in hit so much so i'm back to geming stam hybrids like in 5.2

Edited by Gravyspasm

It seems like AMR believes that 160 exp + 160 mastery is superior to 80 int + 160 mastery. I guess that leaves that much more to reforge into your best secondaries.

Simcraft on my toon has backed this up, though it's marginal, and I'm sure it will change once I have enough hit/exp on gear.

Using Exp + Mastery gems over Int + Mastery is no different than using Int + Mastery over straight Int gems.

Using Exp gems in any way really has nothing to do with how much hit your gear has in regards to getting to the cap, but how much hit on your gear can be reforged into a secondary stat at the expense of Int.

At very low gear levels it can help you get to hit cap, but at high gear levels its all about gaining more secondary stats since 2secondaries > 1Int

Using Exp + Mastery gems over Int + Mastery is no different than using Int + Mastery over straight Int gems.

I wouldn't go that far. 

The variance between Exp/Mast and Int/Mast is very, very small

The variance between Int and Int/Mast is somewhat noticeable, especially when summing up all of the gems.  Stat weight analysis right now are showing Int around 8.5 and Mastery around 6, so bypassing Mastery on a gem is a poor decision.