FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ardyn

Cold Heart RNG is Koltira worth

With the new tier bonus increasing obliterate/howling blast damage will Koltira's be worth using over Cold Heart in Antorus? Cold Hearts RNG on crit vs non crit is no fun when the difference between a 95th and 99th percentile parse is entirely based on whether it crits or not. I'm already considering taking the 25k dps loss and using Koltira even before the next set but I was wondering if we know whether Cold Heart will die off with the 2 piece being the way it is. Is there much testing or information on where these 2 legendaries stand in tier 21?

Edited by Ardyn

I don't directly play frost DK, but i know the spec. To me it looks like they're trying to push the MG Frost with that kind of bonus :) (and that's good shit).

Can't say about koltira/heart, but you seem to be doing a rather reasonable assumption.

For real dps numbers, i'd tell you to try and sim it yourself (if it's already available, and I think it is ^^), or on the DK discord (a bit cancerous, but hey)

1 hour ago, Baguettson said:

I don't directly play frost DK, but i know the spec. To me it looks like they're trying to push the MG Frost with that kind of bonus :) (and that's good shit).

Can't say about koltira/heart, but you seem to be doing a rather reasonable assumption.

For real dps numbers, i'd tell you to try and sim it yourself (if it's already available, and I think it is ^^), or on the DK discord (a bit cancerous, but hey)

He has to be on the PTR to sim it. The set launches the 28th.

On 23/11/2017 at 3:05 AM, Ardyn said:

With the new tier bonus increasing obliterate/howling blast damage will Koltira's be worth using over Cold Heart in Antorus? Cold Hearts RNG on crit vs non crit is no fun when the difference between a 95th and 99th percentile parse is entirely based on whether it crits or not. I'm already considering taking the 25k dps loss and using Koltira even before the next set but I was wondering if we know whether Cold Heart will die off with the 2 piece being the way it is. Is there much testing or information on where these 2 legendaries stand in tier 21?

Hallo Ardyn, it's hard to tell right now, because of the constant changes and testing. But from what I can see now, yes its better if there 3+ targets, and cold heart would still be better on single targets fights. I can promise you Icy Veins guide will be updated as fast as the data comes in :) 

I will keep an eye out for any new information and give it to you if its juice. Else good luck and happy Black Friday (soon) 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Dabria, signing off peace" *Levitates out over the edge and disappears* 

I apologize for any misspelling or confusion in my writing, do ask if there's a question. 

Edited by Dabria

2 hours ago, Dabria said:

Hallo Ardyn, it's hard to tell right now, because of the constant changes and testing. But from what I can see now, yes its better if there 3+ targets, and cold heart would still be better on single targets fights. I can promise you Icy Veins guide will be updated as fast as the data comes in :) 

I will keep an eye out for any new information and give it to you if its juice. Else good luck and happy Black Friday (soon) 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I apologize for any misspelling or confusion in my writing, do ask if there's a question. 

I do think the belt will be much closer and it will give more stable DPS than CH. CH's performance like what the author said is based on crit and could do worse than the belt if it doesnt crit much.

Edited by alleraz

Thank you for the responses. I suppose I will just have to sim it once i obtain a decent 2 or 4 piece. For now as stated I lose 25k-ish dps for dropping cold heart but when i sim at 1.55mil I'm not entirely sure if that feels that bad for a bit less crit rng.

8 hours ago, alleraz said:

I do think the belt will be much closer and it will give more stable DPS than CH. CH's performance like what the author said is based on crit and could do worse than the belt if it doesnt crit much.

I know. Also, I wish it's going to be better, but all I'm saying is as long as Antorus is on PTR, don't start worrying too much about things. There will be new metas soon and nerfs/buffs. 

It will be closer, after the sims I made late last night it damn close, too be honest. Its massive in AoE and cleave damage, but single target I feel like something I missing and my burst isn't really the same. So I hope and wish it's going to change, but I would not start worrying too much since we still talking testing and PTR. 

16 hours ago, Ardyn said:

Thank you for the responses. I suppose I will just have to sim it once i obtain a decent 2 or 4 piece. For now as stated I lose 25k-ish dps for dropping cold heart but when i sim at 1.55mil I'm not entirely sure if that feels that bad for a bit less crit rng.

I will suggest keeping an eye out in the PTR and when Antorus comes out go ham on testing, same I'm going to do on my priest. I'm just having that feeling that CH is still best for singel target, but im sure there will be a tweek sone. Priests tier 21, 2nd and 4th set bonus have been tweek 5 times already... and its still broken. But my simming show that CH is strong and best on total singel target but Koltira runs far away on DPS on cleave/AoE fights. 

-You very much welcome, hope it helped. Anything else i can help with? :) 

Edited by Dabria

On 11/24/2017 at 2:55 AM, Ardyn said:

Seems T21 4-set + Shattering Strikes + Koltira's is the way to go. Can also keep T20 2-set this way.

Waaaay late to the discussion BUT I sim and dps higher with cold heart and runic attenuation as well. I have 4 set 21tier bonus (but no sargeras pieces) and I do like 100k more damage with cold heart + attenuation.

Edited by Blightrose

30 minutes ago, Blightrose said:

Waaaay late to the discussion BUT I sim and dps higher with cold heart and runic attenuation as well. I have 4 set 21tier bonus (but no sargeras pieces) and I do like 100k more damage with cold heart + attenuation.

This post is over 6 months old. I understand that you wanted to add to the discussion, but this is pretty much necro-ing a thread that has been a closed discussion for a while. It depends on what your current setup is and you have to sim it. For some, SS is better, for others, RA.