FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chaen

Heroic Spoils just as easy as Normal?

Hey guys, I haven't seen any guides posted yet on heroic spoils, and now that my raid group is starting into heroics, figured this one might be a candidate for one of the earlier ones we tackle.  Normal Spoils is just faceroll pretty much, so what's much different about the encounter in heroic?  For those that have done it already, is it one of the easier Heroics?

You REALLY should work on heroics linearly.  Immerseus is a very accessible heroic.  So is Protectors.  Norushen is EXACTLY like normal mode with a steeper DPS chase.  I VERY STRONGLY suggest NOT going after Spoils without having done any other heroics. 

We got down H Immerseus on our first night this week.  We put some attempts in on Protectors, but due to some raid member availability this week wanted to ensure we got a full clear early (some key folks won't be available on our last raid night of the week), we didn't push to get that one down.  Best attempt had everyone alive after the first set of Desperate Measures, but things got hairy and we fell apart going into Rook's second one.

After that we steamrolled the rest of the instance on Wednesday, so we only have Paragons and Garrosh left.  Was just thinking with how easy Spoils was for our group in particular, that might be a relatively accessible Heroic. 

Norushen is by far the easiest heroic.  Nazgrim is the 2nd easiest.  Immerserus 3rd.  If you're looking to snipe heroics, I'd do it that way.  Spoils has some tight DPS timers as well as a high degree of complexity.  It's also not zergable anymore.

Norushen is by far the easiest heroic.  Nazgrim is the 2nd easiest.  Immerserus 3rd.  If you're looking to snipe heroics, I'd do it that way.  Spoils has some tight DPS timers as well as a high degree of complexity.  It's also not zergable anymore.

Protectors is a joke too, I think HCs in SoO should be done linearly, you never know how many HCs you are gonna kill each week, so starting in Nazgrim/Spoils could really gimp your progression.

Hey guys, I haven't seen any guides posted yet on heroic spoils, and now that my raid group is starting into heroics, figured this one might be a candidate for one of the earlier ones we tackle.  Normal Spoils is just faceroll pretty much, so what's much different about the encounter in heroic?  For those that have done it already, is it one of the easier Heroics?

More complex and a very tight DPS timer. 

Heh, wow you were right, Norushen was very easy.  We 3 shot it after getting Protectors down.  Thanks guys.