casperhoward19

what legandary do we upgrade first

Sign in to follow this  

16 posts in this topic

hi all just wondering what you guys will be upgrading first my thoughts are both rings waist wrist

any help would be good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hallo.

The ring to all specs, is probably the first I'm going to upgrade since I like playing all specs and til okay good for all specs + I don't know whats going to be best in Antorus. But then Either Waist or Wrist depending on the fight we are suck on. Else go full singel target damge. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice would be to just go into the gear compare function of raidbots.com and change the legendaries to ilvl 1000 instead of 970, and see what combination of items/legendaries yields the highest dps; then go with that.

Me personally, I'll probably stick to Qa'pla and Sephuz for the first little while as my gear isn't going to be replaced until heroic Antorus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is quite interesting actually. The answer is there is no global answer. It depends entirely on what gear you get. The most likely scenario is you'll be able to upgrade your first legendary when you're mostly still using the same build you have right now, so whatever legendaries you're wearing will continue to be good.

As Luthixx pointed out simming is a great idea, just keep in mind that after you switch your tier (if that happens, tier 21 still looking like shit), it makes sense to test a few other builds in those sims. 

Sephuz and Prydaz make a lot of sense because they give tons of secondary stats (which they all outperform AGI), so the item level boost is more relevant to those legendaries (and the chest, but that one competes with tier bonuses). Qa'pla and Soul are also sensible choices for the current builds.

Mantle and Parsel require a lot of gear change (and dropping some tier) to make them competitive, so I would upgrade them later, but they are worth checking if manage to drop tier 19.

Everything else probably doesn't matter. I personally like Call of the WIld a lot, but sims are not nice to it, not even with the new tier. I'm actually likely to upgrade Shaldrassil's Roots sooner than Call, Apex or Kil'jaeden, because I use it a lot when I solo stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2017 at 7:09 AM, Khallid said:

As Luthixx pointed out simming is a great idea, just keep in mind that after you switch your tier (if that happens, tier 21 still looking like shit), it makes sense to test a few other builds in those sims. 

Another tier of titanforging, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kharth said:

I'm doing Qa'pla first, but that is because I only have that one legendary on my hunter.

Your choice is pretty much made for you, then :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was lucky and got Apex Predator 1st day of the expansion, so I upgraded boots.  am looking now to see what i upgrade now.  my gut feel tells me that upgrading prydaz should guarantee me getting the new leggo neck, cause Blizzard is spiteful that way... ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Eyeroll said:

I was lucky and got Apex Predator 1st day of the expansion, so I upgraded boots.  am looking now to see what i upgrade now.  my gut feel tells me that upgrading prydaz should guarantee me getting the new leggo neck, cause Blizzard is spiteful that way... ;-)

There's someone sitting in a room, just waiting to hit a button that pops the drop for you. All eyes are on you, checking your every move in game. They're ready.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eyeroll said:

I was lucky and got Apex Predator 1st day of the expansion, so I upgraded boots.  am looking now to see what i upgrade now.  my gut feel tells me that upgrading prydaz should guarantee me getting the new leggo neck, cause Blizzard is spiteful that way... ;-)

What are you talking about? Prydaz is the only legendary neck. The only new legendaries are trinket and ring.

Edited by Khallid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 7:39 PM, Khallid said:

What are you talking about? Prydaz is the only legendary neck. The only new legendaries are trinket and ring.

Oh.  I thought it was a neck.  So much for paying attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sick of this mechanic. I already done this twice this expansion.  And now i have to go through it again with every hunter leggo? At the point where i am getting leggos for other classes playing my hunter that i dont even have. I got a leggo for a rogue, warrior and a warlock.  bah! 

My head isn't in a good spot for this game. I have not logged in since Wednesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Banard said:

I am so sick of this mechanic. I already done this twice this expansion.  And now i have to go through it again with every hunter leggo? At the point where i am getting leggos for other classes playing my hunter that i dont even have. I got a leggo for a rogue, warrior and a warlock.  bah! 

My head isn't in a good spot for this game. I have not logged in since Wednesday. 

Chill out, you can only equip 2 legendaries at a time. It took me less than a week to upgrade both I'm wearing. At most maybe 5 are useful to upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Khallid said:

Chill out, you can only equip 2 legendaries at a time. It took me less than a week to upgrade both I'm wearing. At most maybe 5 are useful to upgrade.

Dont assume tone! It is not like I care about updating those leggos.  The whole mechanic of doing the process 3 times in one xpac is boring as ^*(^*(. It is now annoying. 

Edited by Banard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.