FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
repodude

Ele Fix my dps plz <3

Hey, my guilds first night raiding heroic ToS ( newly formed guild)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nMXbtwh93NPzV1q8/#boss=-2&difficulty=0&type=damage-done

here are the logs, as you can see my dps is high compared to the rest of the raid and my performance is pretty good HOWEVER:

compared to shamans my ilvl im doing poorly, anyone know why? or can point me in the right direction

From what I can see you aren't doing anything wrong, it's just that you have a very high ilvl and are being compared to people with optimal legendaries and trinkets, while you are using somewhere around second to third best. the other thing is with smoldering heart, luck has a lot to do with it, and the top shamans are likely getting luckier. 1.2 million dps is way more than you need for heroic tomb, in fact you are likely getting compared to mythic raiders.

Agreed, I mean I was mythic raiding for a while 5/9, until I stopped ( burnt from ToS) I have done a LOT of sims with my trinkets before i decided to use Tome of Unraveling sanity and my crit is a little low imo anyway. Other options are 915 Padawsen's with a socket, or 890 Whispers. 

I thought smoldering was best, if i could choose I would probably use the boots for the gambling build but i dont have them, So that leaves the ring, Before i got the ring i was using prydaz for the stats, do you think that would be better?

i also have the belt which i see a couple top shams on WCL using

or is it just, no boots, no arcano, bad proc gloves l0l sims?

also im not really worried about my dps, im just worried im not doing as well as i should if shamans in similar gear are doing better.

thanks for the reply

if you want maximum effect the gloves are the best, but I just couldnt live with the lack of procs long enough to get the right stats, as well as not wanting to swap gear every trash pack. It looks like you may have enough haste for the gloves to work well for you though. the main reason for the lower sims is definitely the trinkets, you have decent ones, but the people you are competing with likely had better luck with them. as for prydaz, it's good for what it's always been for, I use it on every fight I have to have extra survivability, but it is still a small dps loss over the throughput legendaries. 

Edited by nrotter2468

appreciate the reply, ever since i read your first post i was on argus going for reliq trinkets, i got some crappy stat sticks. O well antorus tuesday :) 

thanks mate

• Like 1

Just chiming in with some notes on your Goroth kill. Since you are trying to push higher ranks than purple, they are a bit picky. You'll need to fix these minor things in order to push higher in iLvL%.

• 2:31 kill, but only used Stormkeeper twice. Missed one cast.
  • Wasted one Elemental Focus and didn't buff your Flame Shock with it.
  • Flame Shock uptime should be as high as possible. Only 98.91% on Goroth. 

Little things like this will be the difference in getting purple and orange parses.

EDIT: Only 10 casts of Elemental Blast in a 2:31 fight - missing 2-3 casts here.

sounds about right, thanks for the advice, I noticed that sometimes i have to wait for lava burst to travel before you get the focused buff FS. sometimes when I cast lava burst and then immediately cast FS  it wont have the focus buff, which im assuming is from travel time?

elemental blast your totally right, i know i shouldn't but sometimes i delay it to get a couple more lava burst casts off during a glove proc... working on it

stormkeeper: its a 1 min cd so how can you get 3 in a 2:31 sec fight? am i missing something? (genuinely asking here lol)

I totally appreciate the help from everyone. when i look at logs i just see the rank, parse, maybe uptime but i dont really know how to analyze them like you all. very cool!

im also attaching a screen of my UI  that i use, the WAs and such. i track a lot of stuff, conc, dreadstone procs, elemental blast procs, eye of twisting nether buffs, (the three lightning balls on the right are power of the malestorm), the flame shock icon gets the elemental focus icon when it is buffed...  elemental focus stacks on are the very top. Elemental blast icon goes over the lava burst icon when it is useable. I think im tracking everything but i could be missing something, I love sharing UIs with people, and seeing what they come up with. I would love to make animated WAs but im not really sure how to do that lol.

also what do you guys think about T21. I'm showing it as a dps loss when i replace all the T20 im wearing for T21 (same slots, same ilvl) just less dps

my sim results (the gist of it):

t20 4pc (helm,legs,chest,back)   -    1637563 DPS
t21 4pc (same slots, same ilvl)  -      1596086 DPS

Repo ELE ui WA.jpg

Edited by repodude

12 hours ago, repodude said:

sounds about right, thanks for the advice, I noticed that sometimes i have to wait for lava burst to travel before you get the focused buff FS. sometimes when I cast lava burst and then immediately cast FS  it wont have the focus buff, which im assuming is from travel time?

Yep, exactly. Positioning is going to be key with this. Sometimes it's unavoidable with how you position for mechanics, but those tiny adjustments can help. Stand at the front of the ranged pack, stand as far forward as you can, etc.

stormkeeper: its a 1 min cd so how can you get 3 in a 2:31 sec fight? am i missing something? (genuinely asking here lol)

If you cast it within the first 30 seconds, you'll have a cast at 0-30, one at 1:00-1:30, one at 2:00-2:30, depending on when you cast it. 

I totally appreciate the help from everyone. when i look at logs i just see the rank, parse, maybe uptime but i dont really know how to analyze them like you all. very cool!

That's what we're here for :D

I would love to make animated WAs but im not really sure how to do that lol.

If you're ever looking for WAs to copy, this site is amazing for it: https://wago.io/weakauras

also what do you guys think about T21. I'm showing it as a dps loss when i replace all the T20 im wearing for T21 (same slots, same ilvl) just less dps

my sim results (the gist of it):

t20 4pc (helm,legs,chest,back)   -    1637563 DPS
t21 4pc (same slots, same ilvl)  -      1596086 DPS

I believe this is normal - you'll see T20 continue to win on same item level single target. When T21 becomes a higher item level, it eventually wins (how much item level you need depends on gear, I believe). For AoE, T20 still wins. Just constant simming will be the answer, as always.

• Like 1