FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Omaric

Please Read: KTT Trinket

The trinket dropped by the Dark Shaman does *not* cleave.  I originally thought that it did as well, but in reality it works much the same as the legendary staff in Cata.

Every single time you do damage to something, you have a % chance to do 33% of that damage *to that target only*, categorized as "Multistrike".

To people that knew this prior, well dammit you're fabulous.

Yes.  Not surprising as it says "multistrike".

Multi?  That means many.  Damage?  Many damage!  DAMAGE TO ALL THE THINGS!  And other such nonsense.

Well, I guess that means people would have to READ THE TOOLTIP.  Read?  What blasphemy is this dude talking about?  Someone told me it cleaves so it must cleave! 

Let's see what you wagered...

"THREEVE"

it's sad and frightening how many people thought this for so long. frenzied crystal of rage = cleave = hits multiple targets. KTT = multistrike = hits target multiple times.

Is it really?  I originally thought that they were two trinkets that served two different cleaving purposes.  Crystal for people who hit many times so have a greater chance of triggering, and KTT for people with less total spell hits, but more damage that can take advantage of the higher chance to proc.

Zagam, you sarcastic bastard.

Is it really?  I originally thought that they were two trinkets that served two different cleaving purposes.  Crystal for people who hit many times so have a greater chance of triggering, and KTT for people with less total spell hits, but more damage that can take advantage of the higher chance to proc.

Zagam, you sarcastic bastard.

Multistrike will average out to the same amount of damage REGARDLESS of how you deal it.  If you're Destruction, you'll cleave bigger, but fewer hits because Destruction has lower spell hits with higher damage.  Affliction has much lower damage but much higher damage hits.  Regardless, take the tooltip of Multistrike and multiply it by 33%...that is the increase in DPS you will receive via Multistrike, which ONLY HITS YOUR DIRECT DAMAGE TARGETS.  My 566 Totem says 15.1% chance to proc, so it's an average of 5.03% damage increase.

Cleave will average out to almost nothing because it can only proc when something is near it and has an abysmally low proc rate.  My Retadin uses a cleave trinket and it is absolute garbage, even on the mob spam on Galakras. 

Cleave = Shadowbolt Volley, except it doesn't proc nearly as much or hit its primary target

Multistrike = Legendary Staff proc