Starym

Blood DK vs. Mythic KJ Solo Final 60 Seconds

10 posts in this topic

gpnSBzH.jpg

There's cutting edge and then there's cutting edge... Cobalt on Mal'Ganis got Cutting Edge: Kil'jaedenCutting Edge: Kil'jaeden yesterday on their final raiding night before the reset and before it and Curve become unavailable due to Antorus release, but their particular finish was quite...extreme.

Blood Death knight Êndlêss was the only one left alive and Kil'jaeden wasn't quite dead yet as the entire guild looked on at what was probably their final chance at finishing up ToS this reset and claiming that achievement:

While Blood DKs weren't in a great place in early Legion, they seem to be doing ok now and can at times even perform heroic feats like this! Congratulations to Cobalt and Êndlêss on what must have been a nerve wracking final minute!

Here's the full kill video:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/7fsz9c/blood_dk_solos_m_kj_for_60_seconds_on_last_raid/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valhalen said:

DKs being DKs.

Back when SoO was current, I could solo tank the last 10% on Thok on Heroic (Before Heroic became Mythic) on my protadin. This includes 99 stacks. Same with Galakras with 27 stacks on Heroic. Both the player and the class create feats like this.

2 minutes ago, Yridaa said:

Back when SoO was current, I could solo tank the last 10% on Thok on Heroic (Before Heroic became Mythic) on my protadin. This includes 99 stacks. Same with Galakras with 27 stacks on Heroic. Both the player and the class create feats like this.

Yes but classically blood dk's were the solo tank masterrace,  being able to solo old content way before any other spec could begin to imagine. Now it seems demon hunter has usurped that throne.  

And I was happy when Mythic Dungeons opened and I had to solo the last boss on Auchindoun on my BrM Monk.

lol 

Grats for this guy, cannot even imagine how nervous he (and the raid team) got! 

Just ran a +10 with a 930ish Blood DK tanking, and they ended at 900k DPS total as well as outhealing a 943 Hpriest?? Blood is quite broken right now

9 hours ago, Jperry21 said:

Just ran a +10 with a 930ish Blood DK tanking, and they ended at 900k DPS total as well as outhealing a 943 Hpriest?? Blood is quite broken right now

Pretty sure you're outhealing the priest simply because there just isn't a whole lot to heal for a 943 priest, especially considering things like absorbs. I mean, I only got the one healer myself (paladin), but I do +10s/+13s with 2 fingers in my nose at ilvl 910 (Basically why I got so bored of it and why I prefer to DPS on my 940+ alts)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jperry21 said:

Its quite normal that tanks outheal their healer in mythic +. Even as protwarrior i do it. If groups knows how to move and play, there isn't much dmg to heal. I also recognize it with my hpriest :-).

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joat
      Who We Are
      Tequila Sundown is a growing raid team formed within the <Karma Horde> guild on US-Stormreaver. Lead by a husband/wife team with high-level raiding experience dating back to WotLK, we're a "positively determined" progression team that maintains a light-hearted atmosphere while tackling mythic difficulty content. We're mature adults with jobs and family seeking like-minded players who have a passion for the game but want to avoid the needless angst or drama that often gets associated with progression raiding. We log on to have fun - so come have some fun with us!

A Team Within a Community
      Our raid team is one of four within the larger guild of <Karma Horde>, which was formed back during WotLK. As such, the guild and Discord are very active and social. There are always people around online and in-game. The community atmosphere is welcoming and friendly to players of all levels. The guild enforces a Code of Conduct that has zero tolerance for hate/offensive speech.

We care more about the people we play with than their item levels or progression rankings. We want players who are going to log in on non-raid nights and be down for all the other things we're into: pushing mythic+, doing world quests, PVP shenanigans, achievement hunting, hyper-competitive fishing.. there's so much to do and so many ways to enjoy the game. This is our favorite hobby and we'd like to play with you if it is yours, too.

Progression Goals
      We are 5/11-Heroic 11/11-Normal Antorus, having killed every boss we've pulled.
      We strive for a fun environment that takes the challenges of mythic seriously and giving the content the respect it deserves. Our aim is, as all mythic teams, full clear of content but with always keeping the friendly spirit of camaraderie alive. Performance matters, but so does staying positive and finding the fun in the difficulty of a raid.
      We do not require mythic raid experience to join our team but we do expect mythic-level dedication and accountability from all of our raiders.

Raid Days/Times
      Our mandatory raids are:
      Tuesdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Thursdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Optional:
      Sundays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Sundays are for raiding the previous raid difficulty.

Recruitment Needs
      DPS:  YES. Ranged DPS - will consider all, but would love to pick up a hunter, mage, and elemental shaman. Melee DPS - prefer enhance shaman or survival hunter.
      Healers: NO. No current needs.
      Tank: NO. No current needs.

The Nitty Gritty
      If you're intrigued, please check out our wiki on the <Karma Horde> subreddit. This will give you the inside picture on how we operate as a raid team.
      https://www.reddit.com/r/FTH/wiki/tequilasundown

Contact Us
      You can reach us on bnet: joat#1832 & lambkill#1856
      or Discord: joat#6049 & saever#4432
    • By Starym

Featuring all the articles related to the Tier 21 raid race.
      This is the hub for the Antorus: the Burning Throne Mythic progress coverage, featuring all the articles related to the race.
      Antorus M Race Day 7: Aggramar WF Video - 19 guilds now progressing on Argus and Method and Limit share their Aggramar kill videos.
      Antorus M Race Day 6: Argus Mythic Footage - Style War stream Argus progress and we get to see the Mythic phase, 9 guilds on Argus now and Sco explains why Antorus isn't clear yet.
      Antorus M Race Day 3: Exorsus 10/11, Coven Video - Some hotfix troubles slow Exorsus down but they still catch up, we get another WF video and Asia guilds are back in the overall top 5.
      Antorus M Progress Day 2: Only Argus Left - Method are back on top, there's only 1 boss remaining and we get WF kill videos up to 8/11.
      Antorus M Progress Day 1: 9 Down 2 to Go - Limit dominate day one and we see all but 2 bosses die.
      Antorus Mythic Progress + History of WF Stats - A primer for the race and a rundown of old World Firsts by faction.
    • By Starym

Method released their kill video for Antorus' penultimate boss earlier today and Limit followed suit soon after:

Today also saw another big bunch of Aggramar kills, with the total number of guilds on 10/11 rising to 19. We had two more Asia kills (regional 3rd and 4th place), as Skyline and Ding Xin grabbed the 10th and 11 overall spots, Libertad with the EU 6th in 12th, Honestly with the US/OC 3rd in 13th followed by 6 more EU guilds.
      Argus survived another day and has only 1 more left before Method and Exorsus head into the second rest, with US guilds already in week 2 and Asia guilds getting a bit more time after EU servers reset.

• By Stan

Adois (Illidan-US) was Limit's fifth healer. He sent his other co-healers spoofed links that forced them to disconnect to get a raid spot for himself.
      Limit is currently at 10/11M in Antorus. Jeathebelle posted a series of interesting tweets today, revealing that one of their healers DDoSed other raid members to get a raid spot.
      Placeholder for tweet 940126010703597570 He also added that the Restoration Shaman was the worst players on the roster.
      Placeholder for tweet 940126081251725312 Limit only found out, because Adois started sending short links to other healers.
      Placeholder for tweet 940131880279662592 The only healer who had clicked the link had disconnected from voice chat, discord, and the game. Adois always miraculously came online to be available at the time of the disconnects.
      Placeholder for tweet 940132077936111616 Adois has been doing this for a long time to get a spot for Avatar and Kil'jaeden in Tomb.
      Placeholder for tweet 940132413254066176 Placeholder for tweet 940145295534510086 We wish Limit the best of luck and hope that this negative experience won't affect their Mythic progress in Antorus!
    • By Starym

A Mythic only phase video, many Aggramar kills and Method GM Sco explains why Argus isn't dead yet in detail.
      It's been a few days since we've checked in on the Antorus Mythic progress race, but not that much has happened since then as, thankfully, Argus is still alive! The big news is that a whole bunch of guilds got past Aggramar, resulting in us getting some footage of the Mythic-only phase of Argus the Unmaker, courtesy of Chinese guild Style War:
      You can also follow Style War live as they tackle Argus Mythic right here:

Everything started with Finnish guilds Memento getting the World 4th on Aggramar, catching up to the standard top 3 of Method, Exorsus and Limit, followed by the above mentioned Style War, who managed to nab the Asia first as well. Bleached Bones (EU 4th)  were next on the Argus access train, followed by Alpha (Asia 2nd), ScrubBusters (EU 5th) and Easy (US/OC 2nd), and so we now have 9 guilds progressing on the probably final boss of Legion. We then have a large group consisting of 22 guilds that have downed Coven of Shivarra and are at Aggramar's door, with another 11 still fighting the Coven. Today should bring Method's Aggramar World First video, which will swiftly be followed by Limit's and perhaps Exorsus' own videos as well, so stay tuned for that.
      Today also saw Method's GM Sco reveal the very complex and intricate reason why they still hadn't killed Argus, as he explains in this video:
      As the second reset approaches, Method and Exorsus still have 2 days to make Antorus into quite an easy race, whereas Limit only have one to finish it all up before the significant influx of gear that is the 2nd round of clears. With so many bosses dying on the first and second days, it's at least a little bit of a relief that Argus wasn't that much of a pushover. Now let's see if he can salvage the entire raid by living a bit longer.