FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Prettylady

PSA: Sidewinders appears to pull Varimathras while fighting Shivarra, and vice versa.

As per title. Was running this (on normal) and if the other hunter cast sidewinders such that they would fly over Varimathras it would pull him while we fought Shivarra. Similarly, if he fired them below Shivarra at Vari, it would pull them. And we would die.

I don't have super concrete evidence of this, except that details reported him as first target each time, and when he dumped sidewinders it stopped happening.

Could be correlation only, but worth being aware of.

It was pretty funny. We thought maybe we had to kill Varimathras first. We died literally in seconds on first pull because two thirds of the raid got Misery, including both tanks.

Random healer: "How do you dispel misery? I can't find it in the dungeon journal."

11 hours ago, Blainie said:

I'm calling it "WAIBBHH" - Working as intended because Blizzard hates Hunters

Not surprised at this point. 

2 hours ago, MrEdren said:

Should be an achievement IMO.

There is, and the reward is that blizz will just give up and delete BM out of the game. 

15 minutes ago, Sisco said:

There is, and the reward is that blizz will just give up and delete BM out of the game. 

Guess I'd better get cracking on it.  

I will say that the new raid feels pretty friendly to BM: lots of moving. But maybe that's just because I'm progressing through it (though when else is a spec supposed to be useful? Farm?) and the mobility helps with that. Heroic even more so. I've been more-or-less able to stay at or around the top of the meters, likely as a result.

Suspect this will change when people begin to get their T21s. 

I'm seeing conflicting information about set bonuses for BM. Are we 2/2/2, or something like 4pc20/2pc21? 

2 hours ago, Prettylady said:

I'm seeing conflicting information about set bonuses for BM. Are we 2/2/2, or something like 4pc20/2pc21? 

You have to sim it. For me 2/2/2 gives the highest dps (assuming 945 tier 21, which is the most likely I'll get in the near future), but I have 46% crit and my tier 19 is average 910 ilvl (which is higher than base mythic level). Since the new tier has a weaker effect, it's only "better" once it's high enough item level, but if you have high titanforged tier 20 or tier 19 then the item level increase won't beat it.

I've seen some sims that claim that tier 20 4 piece + tier 21 2-piece is best, but again, my tier 19 sims higher than my tier 20, because my stats are optimized for it, so generic sims are not very reliable.

Full tier 21 with Parsel's is also among the top builds, but that also assumes that your old tier is significantly lower item level, which may not be the case because titanforging.

Give it a month and the top parsing hunters will be using whatever becomes the strongest combination. For now you will have to sim your own gear.

Edited by Khallid

Thanks Khallid. I haven't been able to get more than 890 t19, which I wore all through ToS. I'm really hoping I don't have to go back into Nighthold, or indeed back into ToS, to chase Titanforges (we aren't a mythic guild, and I have not been able to get into mythic NH raids through premade finder; I suspect the same will be true for ToS).

I guess I'll start simming.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 1:40 AM, Prettylady said:

I guess I'll start simming.

The legion motto right here.