FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kharvek

Sub T21 Bonus Questions

Hey folks,

I just read the updates to the subtlety guide for Antorus and the T21 bonus.  Looks like we do in fact want it and it does a lot to change what legendaries we want and really wants us to go crazy on crit.

I'm..just a little fuzzy on why that is.  I think we want to abandon mantle since it looks like we want a setup where we're doing 4pc T21 and 2pc T20, so we're forced into the non tier slot legendaries.  I'm assuming we want insignia of Ravenholdt since it has a monstrous amount of crit on it and the vigor ring to speed things up to try to get more T21 procs?  Is the increase in crit's value  because we're giving up mantle now, or is there something I'm not seeing?  Also I'm not clear why gloomblade is suddenly pulling ahead since it reads to me like with T21 we're going to get more finishers as a result of the combo point refund.  I'm not sure how the increased backstab damage there is a thing.  The only thing I can think of is that with our overall increase in crit and the artifact trait that boosts crit damage of those moves that suddenly it becomes pretty heavy hitting?

Anyway, I'm just curious to the rationale by these changes since I haven't had any chances to play with them myself.  Only just started Antorus today and somehow I didn't manage to complete my 4pc on a single day of raiding. :)

10 hours ago, Kharvek said:

Hey folks,

I just read the updates to the subtlety guide for Antorus and the T21 bonus.  Looks like we do in fact want it and it does a lot to change what legendaries we want and really wants us to go crazy on crit.

I'm..just a little fuzzy on why that is.  I think we want to abandon mantle since it looks like we want a setup where we're doing 4pc T21 and 2pc T20, so we're forced into the non tier slot legendaries.  I'm assuming we want insignia of Ravenholdt since it has a monstrous amount of crit on it and the vigor ring to speed things up to try to get more T21 procs?  Is the increase in crit's value  because we're giving up mantle now, or is there something I'm not seeing?  Also I'm not clear why gloomblade is suddenly pulling ahead since it reads to me like with T21 we're going to get more finishers as a result of the combo point refund.  I'm not sure how the increased backstab damage there is a thing.  The only thing I can think of is that with our overall increase in crit and the artifact trait that boosts crit damage of those moves that suddenly it becomes pretty heavy hitting?

Anyway, I'm just curious to the rationale by these changes since I haven't had any chances to play with them myself.  Only just started Antorus today and somehow I didn't manage to complete my 4pc on a single day of raiding. :)

Using Ravenholdt to make up for the loss of Mantle means that more damage comes from our Single Target CP builders (ie: Backstab). 

Using Master of Subtlety lines up nicely with the Shoulders buff and gives a good damage increase there, but the increased value of Single Target builders means that Gloomblade lines up as a larger overall damage buff

You're correct that the extra damage from Backstab / Shadowstrike will be nice with the new trait, but it's also more about consistency in hits from Eviscerate. Right now, everything is front loaded to stack together in a couple MASSIVE hits. Losing guaranteed crit in that front loaded burst is going to bump the value on Crit by a lot, but also because our damage will be a little more random we won't be able to guarantee massive % stacks on each Evis hit - it's better overall to help the surprise procs hit harder as well through Crit chance. The Gutripper trait makes this really valuable too - I'm at a 60% crit chance on my Evis  as-is, and I only have 1 Gutripper relic.

Hope that helps