FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bunnyrabbit

5.4 Arcane Mage DPS Help

Hello fellow Mages! I am posting here today because i am concerned of my DPS, But to start off let me explain why i am posting this. I have been playing Arcane for about 3 weeks now and have come to love it. When i first started playing it at Item Level 538 I bursted 511k on Iron Qon. Now i am 552 And my Burst has seemed to stay the same, Or sometimes it's lower. ( I know burst doesn't matter etc but it still concerns me why ) I have gone up 15 Item Levels since then and am doing the exact same rotation but it seems my DPS has decreased. I have SimCrafted myself and my stat weights are what they should be, Gemmed,Reforged properly also. I am doing the rotation and Opener as icy-veins suggest. Below i'll link my armory and logs from a few days ago. Any help will be greatly appreciated smile.png.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Shutupfrosty/simple

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nf4vd0u7z6m4y6xs/sum/damageDone/?s=2730&e=3057

PS. Would Suggest Looking at Iron Juggernaut Because it is mostly straightforward DPS ( No Gift Of the Titans or massive damage increase/decrease )

I have gone up 15 Item Levels since then and am doing the exact same rotation but it seems my DPS has decreased. I have SimCrafted myself and my stat weights are what they should be, Gemmed,Reforged properly also.

Well, first off I can tell you that in my experience the glyph of Arcane Power does not benefit your dps on lower itemlevels. I don't know if that counts for everybody but for me it turned out to be a dps loss, so I am only using it once I get some heroic gear.

Also, you have no setbonuses at all. I've seen arcane mages at 560+ still using the t15 4 set bonus, because it is just so good.

I would guess once you get your hands on that t16 gear you'll notice some differences.

The logs seem pretty good to me for what I can say. As an arcane mage you usually never reach the numbers that simcraft tells you, so yeah.. :)

• Like 1

Ahh Okay, I appreciate the reply. I'll run our Normal this week without the Glyph and see if i notice any differences. Thank you for your time and have a nice day :).