FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Leadblast

Escape from Braxis II is actually hard

This Brawl is much harder than before lol. This time, we Warrior users cannot carry your useless Jaina, Kel'thuzad or Kael'thas.

it took me like 12 tries to finally find a team of random people who understood that

We succeeded with the following team:

- Greymane

- Lucio

- Artanis

- Thrall

- Varian (me)

Even then, it was extremely hard, and 2 of us died in the fight with the final boss.

Edited by Leadblast

Enemy damage is much higher, enemy heroes have talents added to their ultimates (i.e. Butcher's LttS is multi-target, Tychus will call nukes).

One hero I really recommend for this mode is Gul'dan. Self-sustaining and does loads of AOE damage.

I would say Gul'dan being a mage kind of sucks in the long run anyways. Sure he has self-sustain, but he still has to be healed constantly anyway. The Stimpack pickups do nothing for him, etc etc.

I'd say Xul can carry this map thanks to his trait, as all non-heroic entities will turn into skeletons, which soak A LOT of damage.

I did this one in a 3rd attempt having Xul, Sonya, Ragnaros, Lucio, and Zarya; it's important to have durable heroes that do not rely too heavily on mana and can survive the Butcher's silence; it also helps if you have tools to soak or otherwise mitigate massive damage with, and Zarya's/Lucio's shields as well as Xul's skeletons really help with that.

On 11/30/2017 at 12:38 PM, Leadblast said:

This Brawl is much harder than before lol. This time, we Warrior users cannot carry your useless Jaina, Kel'thuzad or Kael'thas.

it took me like 12 tries to finally find a team of random people who understood that

We succeeded with the following team:

- Greymane

- Lucio

- Artanis

- Thrall

- Varian (me)

Even then, it was extremely hard, and 2 of us died in the fight with the final boss.

I only got to the final boss once, and we got nuked by a Zagara maw into a Butcher Lambs to the Slaughter.  Even then we would have been OK if not for the Aba hat keeping Butcher up long enough to get three of us (I was Sonya and went to help with Butcher rather then finding the slug).

I will say Lucio is key; passive health regen is a must.  Artanis, Varian, and Sonya also do well due to their various forms of damage mitigation/recovery.  All the mana hungry assassins are useless without taking Malfurian to use Innervate to keep their mana up.

Xul *can* work, but if he gets separated from the healer he'll go down fairly fast.

Edited by gamerk2

you are

32 minutes ago, gamerk2 said:

I only got to the final boss once, and we got nuked by a Zagara maw into a Butcher Lambs to the Slaughter.  Even then we would have been OK if not for the Aba hat keeping Butcher up long enough to get three of us (I was Sonya and went to help with Butcher rather then finding the slug).

I will say Lucio is key; passive health regen is a must.  Artanis, Varian, and Sonya also do well due to their various forms of damage mitigation/recovery.  All the mana hungry assassins are useless without taking Malfurian to use Innervate to keep their mana up.

Xul *can* work, but if he gets separated from the healer he'll go down fairly fast.

you are roughly 1 week late lol