FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Leopold

Change of gear questions

Currently playing a sub rogue and I'm not real good at it, but what I'm really wondering is about the legendaries.

Why the change from current best assuming perfect play to the two rings?  And why is the quest item for killing argus not even considered?  Like I said, I'm struggling enough as it is, and I'm just trying to understand better the why's of everything.   Thanks in advance  

2 hours ago, Leopold said:

Currently playing a sub rogue and I'm not real good at it, but what I'm really wondering is about the legendaries.

Why the change from current best assuming perfect play to the two rings?  And why is the quest item for killing argus not even considered?  Like I said, I'm struggling enough as it is, and I'm just trying to understand better the why's of everything.   Thanks in advance  

The combination of tier 21 4-piece and the tier 20 2-piece bonuses are very strong, so we drop the other pieces which are tier gear

Additionally, with us using Backstab more to get more use from our new bonuses, the extra damage from Ravenholdt is quite nice, hence the swap to Gloomblade as well.

Basically Sub is becoming more about maximising consistent damage output rather than stacking every buff at once and doing a huge burst before falling off again.

Note that you ONLY use the new legendary setup once you have the new 4 piece and the old 2 piece, and that you'll likely be swapping back if you find high titanforged gear which replaces the lower ilevel 2-pieces of tier. 

Second note, always Sim yourself. Don't ask what ilevel difference is enough to replace them

2 hours ago, Carrn said:

The combination of tier 21 4-piece and the tier 20 2-piece bonuses are very strong, so we drop the other pieces which are tier gear

Additionally, with us using Backstab more to get more use from our new bonuses, the extra damage from Ravenholdt is quite nice, hence the swap to Gloomblade as well.

Basically Sub is becoming more about maximising consistent damage output rather than stacking every buff at once and doing a huge burst before falling off again.

Note that you ONLY use the new legendary setup once you have the new 4 piece and the old 2 piece, and that you'll likely be swapping back if you find high titanforged gear which replaces the lower ilevel 2-pieces of tier. 

Second note, always Sim yourself. Don't ask what ilevel difference is enough to replace them

Third note, Blizz will nerf the t20 bonuses sooner or later anyway.