FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Leadblast

Can we do a tier list sorted by map?

I would really like to know what heroes shine in specific maps. Like Tyrael in Volskaya or Sky Temple or Fury Varian in Cursed Hollow or... I dunno, maybe Gazlowe in Towers of Doom or something?

Somewhere I read that Kerrigan was a top pick in Infernal Shrines, what makes her so good here? I can't figure out.

Edited by Leadblast

This has been considered, but due to time limitations it has not been applied to new tier lists yet. Oxy believes that map-based tier lists would be the best content-wise, but could be hard to browse. Anyway, we hope to change the format of tier lists soon, though there is no ETA yet. Sorry to keep you waiting!

Kerrigan is good on Infernal Shrines because she's one of the few characters able to pick up Cleave (AoE basic attacks) and not regret it throughout the rest of the match, iirc?

• Sad 1

Well, I still want to share my knowledge of the picks I've found very good in one map or another.

Volskaya Foundry - as I've said before a few times, Tyrael seems very solid here, because of his team-protective abilities, namely Righteousness and Sanctification. However the team has to play around you and just dive along with you when you're required to capture a terminal. In this way he's an excellent counterpick to Kael'thas. If your team does not go with you and fight INSIDE the terminal, then there's little or nothing he can do.

Battlefields of Eternity - Valla with a Hungering Arrow build, and Artanis with Amateur Opponent are good choices.

Infernal Shrines - Kerrigan, as I was told by some member (forgot the name), she can take Fury of the Swarm at level 4 which is a cleave attack. It's excellent for dealing with the groups of Shrine Guardians without running out of mana in the process.

Braxis Holdout - Ragnaros is really awesome. In addition to his proven waveclear powers, his trait actually lets him besiege one of the control beacons, or defend it to an extent when already captured. He also can help your Zerg wave or kill the enemy Zerg wave with his Lava Wave heroic.

• Sad 1

On 12/8/2017 at 12:33 PM, Bumble said:

Kerrigan is good on Infernal Shrines because she's one of the few characters able to pick up Cleave (AoE basic attacks) and not regret it throughout the rest of the match, iirc?

Not just that, since her Q resets on minion kills (if they die fast enough), she can use it to clear every minion at each shrine in just a few seconds, all while gaining shields.

8 hours ago, gamerk2 said:

Not just that, since her Q resets on minion kills (if they die fast enough), she can use it to clear every minion at each shrine in just a few seconds, all while gaining shields.

If she uses Q indiscriminately to heal herself that way, she might run out of mana. Because she has to choose the cleave talent at level 4, she won't be able to get the talent which refunds mana after Ravage kills.

Coming to think of it, she's good, but not really superb in this map (like how strong Ragnaros is in Braxis Holdout for example). Illidan can do better with the Immolation talent at level 1, which also waveclears efficiently since he doesn't use mana at all (the common problem with most waveclear abilities is running oom as they're spammed).

On 12/17/2017 at 5:46 AM, Leadblast said:

If she uses Q indiscriminately to heal herself that way, she might run out of mana. Because she has to choose the cleave talent at level 4, she won't be able to get the talent which refunds mana after Ravage kills.

Coming to think of it, she's good, but not really superb in this map (like how strong Ragnaros is in Braxis Holdout for example). Illidan can do better with the Immolation talent at level 1, which also waveclears efficiently since he doesn't use mana at all (the common problem with most waveclear abilities is running oom as they're spammed).

With the Q mana recharge at L4 she doesn't need the cleave.  I farther argue the Q clears out minions faster, especially post level 6/7 where one AA + Q is enough to kill a minion.  Clearing waves is more or less instant once Q does it by itself.

I like Malthael on Eternity due to his high damage on Immortals and easily able to solo the Mercs.

Artanis and Tyreal for Shrines. Art can pull then body block enemies off shrines. Best on the top shrine to swap through shrine wall. Tyr can block them temporarily with holy ground. The bottom shrine in particular since it has two narrow entrances. The port also lets him rush out to strike then port back to defend.

Abathur on most three lane maps as an early game split healer / late game damage dealer, a few early mines in stealthed areas to add paranoia. Temple, foundry and spiderqueen, not so much.

Blaze I think is good on spider map due to combination of narrow aisles and abilities that let him clear, ambush and evade. He's also good on shrines and can bunker a bottom entrance and enter/exit to travel while using oil to slow and discourage/maintain caps.

Alarak is also good on spiderqueen due to so much fighting around minions. Same with Towers of Doom and Eternal Shrines. Makes getting quests much easier.

• Sad 2

Hi,

I would suggest to add a new section "Maps" on top (like Assassins, Warriors, Support,...)

The information which hero is good on which map, is already in your hero-guides in section "Maps":

eg. "Alexstrasza's stronger maps" "Alexstrasza's average maps" "Alexstrasza's weaker maps"