FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zombiecurse

Log - How much more can I get out of this?

Looking for a bit of a tuneup on this fight. Got better as we went along, I think. Some pretty shitty gos there at the beginning. Preparing for critique. Logs 4, 16 and 19 were our closest tries on this one. Wiped a lot.

Log

Armory

Looking for a bit of a tuneup on this fight. Got better as we went along, I think. Some pretty shitty gos there at the beginning. Preparing for critique. Logs 4, 16 and 19 were our closest tries on this one. Wiped a lot.

Log

Armory

Well your gear is spot on, everything is right. As far as the log goes I'm no expert on affliction logs so I'll wait for one of those nerds to reply biggrin.png.

But, I'll give it a shot.

Your haunt uptime seems slightly low, don't know why because you only used SB 6 times O.o. Possibly bad rng? Either that or you just aren't using them when you cap shards/below 20%.

Your dot damage seems to be low from a per tick stand point, probably an issue with optimally snapshotting.

Aaaand last but not least, your MG/DS uptimes seem kind of low.

Edited by gahhda

Your MG uptime is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy low , and that is why you're probably snapshotting dots way too often , i used to do that aswell.

stop refreshing em when they're 105-110% if you're using affdots , it's just a waste of time unless they're in pandemic range , focus more on using MG and only recast MG when the second to last tick has gone off , i suggest you use a castbar addon aswell to help you with that.

focus on using haunt more often and less SB:SS, unless you're using Wush or BBOY there's NO reason to use soulburn at all.

Edited by Khaos

Your MG uptime is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy low , and that is why you're probably snapshotting dots way too often , i used to do that aswell.

stop refreshing em when they're 105-110% if you're using affdots , it's just a waste of time unless they're in pandemic range , focus more on using MG and only recast MG when the last tick has gone off , i suggest you use a castbar addon aswell to help you with that.

focus on using haunt more often and less SB:SS, unless you're using Wush or BBOY there's NO reason to use soulburn at all.

You aren't clipping your MG?

You aren't clipping your MG?

To reiterate Rak's statement, you don't wait for MG to "end" its cast before starting a new one.  You want to clip it after it has done 3 ticks of its 4 possible ticks of damage.  Get a cast bar, and it'll show you with little lines where each tick of damage comes from.  Clip MG at the 3rd of 4 ticks always.  Latency, human reaction, and other factors cause a DPS loss if you try to recast after it has completely finished.

I use the ELVUI castbar and generally clip in the greyish area near the end of the cast bar so that I'm chain-casting this. I took Archimonde's Darkness on this fight because in general it looked like it was failry stationary, but I can def. see where it hurt me on MG uptime. Gonna need to plant hard and cast that next time. Also didn't use Fel Flame while I was on the move, which could maybe help out a bit.