FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Raikumi

Destruction Meta Gem

So I've seen a lot of talk about Burning Primal Diamond being a small dps increase over Sinister Primal Diamond and I've seen claims of theory crafting backing this up, i was wondering if anyone had actually tried this as I'm not hugely happy with sinking gold into losing the Legendary Meta because some one claims that Burning Sims better than Sinister.

The difference isn't large enough to justify one over the other.  Also, if you're going Mastery > Crit > Haste, Tempus Repit can be a nice proc.

If you're a Troll, the Legendary Meta gem can be a little annoying. if you get a proc as you are using Berserking, i get 0.8 Incinerates with backdraft. And THAT, is REALLY annoying

If you're a Troll, the Legendary Meta gem can be a little annoying. if you get a proc as you are using Berserking, i get 0.8 Incinerates with backdraft. And THAT, is REALLY annoying

Use more Rain of Fires during these periods. Use Berserking with other procs so you can also use up your embers via Chaos Bolts.

What I've done to minimize this is not use Berserking in intial pull.  I'll wait til I have 1.5-2.0 embers.  As Tempus Repit is falling off, I'll apply Berserking to get a mega Immolate up and then I'll start shooting off Chaos Bolts via Berserking.  No problem hitting 850-1M DPS in my opener this way.

What I've done to minimize this is not use Berserking in intial pull.  I'll wait til I have 1.5-2.0 embers.  As Tempus Repit is falling off, I'll apply Berserking to get a mega Immolate up and then I'll start shooting off Chaos Bolts via Berserking.  No problem hitting 850-1M DPS in my opener this way.

Yeah, ive been doing this now too. I've only been a Troll for a Few days. But, there is still so many fights were we BL at start, and i still get 0.8 Incinerate Casts with Backdraft. Any Suggestions here? not doing Conflag just seems dumb to me

You're correct in not wanting to avoid Conflag.  You're just going to have to deal with 0.8 Incinerates during Bloodlust.  It should be during a relatively short period of time in the fight (you're seeing Bloodlust + Tempus Repit which is 69% Haste) so as soon as Tempus Repit wears off, I'd leave Berserking alone.  As Aff, Berserking is rock solid at the opener because Haste can just go to infinity and it's beneficial.  For Destruction, save Berserking for Chaos Bolt unloading, not necessarily with the opener.