FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
B0wser

Fist of the Dead + SoD combination

Hi guys,

I was wondering what the optimal rotation would look like with Fist of the Dead in combination with Symbols of Death. Would you rather :
1. use the effect of Fist of the Dead to generate faster 5 combo points into DFA (which would be SoD into Backstab into DFA)

2. use backstab until you have 5 combo points and then hit DFA into SoD + Shadow Dance, before landing, to benefit from Fist while using Shadowstrike?

I got pretty nice logs with the first named usage, it feels as if i dont need to pool as much and it feels a lot smoother imo, but a friend told me it's correct to use it the other way (2). Which usage results in better dps or overall dmg?

On 12/5/2017 at 4:41 PM, B0wser said:

2. use backstab until you have 5 combo points and then hit DFA into SoD + Shadow Dance, before landing, to benefit from Fist while using Shadowstrike?

This one is better. Less time spent on generators in SD is ideal, with more finishers being buffed.

On 1/23/2018 at 6:11 AM, yungjoop said:

Hey could you explain (2) in more detail to me? i just got the gloves and im wondering how to use them properly. thanks!

The first option basically makes you use a generator after entering Shadow Dance and then using DfA, rather than using DfA before Shadow Dance and activating after you land. The second option basically looks like this:

• Backstab until 5 CP.
  • Death From Above.
  • Shadow Dance + Shadows of Death as soon as you land, before the hit goes off from DfA.
  • Shadowstrike, which will still be activating Fist buff for max CPs from it.

Hope this clears it up.