FORUMS
Adamant

Redirects on K&C Druid review

I tried reading the druid review on my htc 10, and would get redirected to one of those fake win scams after 30 seconds to a minute of reading. This happened twice before I gave up. I tried again in the middle of posting this, and with a quicker connection it happened within 10 seconds. If I was to guess, it loads after the images. This doesn't happen on the main page, or on the article above this one, the 2018 changes to heroes. The actual redirect leaves me with multiple popups layered on top of each other and a system message telling me something about amazon. I didn't want to risk it doing anything automatically, so I didn't really study it much.

Edited by nrotter2468
more details

This definitely shouldn't be happening - when you see these kind of ads, there is a "Report Ad" button that you should be able to press. As soon as you do, it will send the agency a report on exactly which ad is causing the issue and they'll then investigate it. It's a far easier way of getting rid of things like this rather than us sending a description of the ad. 

If it happens again, just hit that Report Ad button. Sorry for the issues it caused!

Our apologies for this issue and my late reply. I was away most of the day, so I couldn't reply, but I did notify the ad agency as soon as Blainie made me aware of the issue and they've been working to fix it.

There actually is no "Report Ad" button anymore, because the agency switched to a 3rd party, centralized system that scan and ban ads automatically. Obviously, it's not 100% perfect, but we're getting there. And in such a case, a report button doesn't help, because you can't tell from which of the different ad units the issue originated.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Damien said:

Our apologies for this issue and my late reply. I was away most of the day, so I couldn't reply, but I did notify the ad agency as soon as Blainie made me aware of the issue and they've been working to fix it.

There actually is no "Report Ad" button anymore, because the agency switched to a 3rd party, centralized system that scan and ban ads automatically. Obviously, it's not 100% perfect, but we're getting there. And in such a case, a report button doesn't help, because you can't tell from which of the different ad units the issue originated.

not to mention they take up the whole screen, so I wouldnt be able to find a button anyway.

7 hours ago, nrotter2468 said:

not to mention they take up the whole screen, so I wouldnt be able to find a button anyway.

That too.

Did the issue happen again?