FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oladeath

Disc Offspec tips for shadow main

So I occasionally have to heal as disc for my guilds runs whether due to pple missing or the fight calling for more heals. The problem ifind is that alot of the guides ive read say get to about 45-50% mastery, minimum 20% haste and then balance out with crit and vers. My problem is the gear I have, tooling around 4piece 20 and 2 pc 21 atm with Soul of the High priest(because those are my strong options); i can range from 45 to 60% mastery with 30 to 40% haste. Is that desirable? I honestly don't feel much difference besides ooming real quick with the increased casts i can get off. The difference in verse ranges from 9.5 to 13% with those gear swaps as well.

On 12/14/2017 at 4:58 AM, Oladeath said:

i can range from 45 to 60% mastery with 30 to 40% haste. Is that desirable?

The biggest issue is your Haste. Disc burns through mana like fire through a dry forest. You'll need to ask your fellow healers for any mana CDs they have, since with that kind of haste level, you're either going to spend a fair amount of time AFKing or OOM.

It can work, you really need to be aware of it, though. Watch your mana closely. Alternatively, run double regen trinket setup.

I'm a few weeks late to this thread, but I did want to point out that as the above poster noted, being anywhere north of 30% haste means you're going to burn through mana at breakneck speed. Generally, 25-30% haste feels good to me.

If you don't have any mana regen trinkets, I highly recommend taking the Shield Discipline talent (for raids at least), as it's by far the most mana-efficient for long fights, provided that you're always using Power Word: Shield on cooldown and shielding the appropriate tank (or a DPS who is being targeted by some mechanic—but generally, stick to the tanks).

In raids you're always going to be relying on Atonement healing to squeeze every last ounce of healing you can from your mana bar; using Shadow Mend is not recommended at all during a raid unless you absolutely need to save someone's life. Apart from that, let other healers cover spot healing while you blanket the raid in Atonements and focus on the bigger picture.

I highly recommend checking out Focused Will, as they have great guides related to all things Disc Priest :)

• Like 1