FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shimino

BM : Sim , Tier Bonuse and a few more stuff

Hello fellow hunters

I have a few questions regarding simulation , tier bonuses and stuff.

I have been running with 2set T19 (Head and Shoulders ilvl 900 and 890) and T20. Last week I got some high ilvl items and when I simed my char with Raidbots it said that I should use the new stuff and get rid of T19s. My question is how much of our gameplay is simulation dependent?

I have to mention that I have switched many gears and talents and Legos to get the best combo and what I wear know is the best with Simulated 1.7M DPS on a Patchwerk style fight.

2nd Question is: I saw in Azor's guide to hunter in introduction tab that 2set T21/4set T20 with Soul and Apex have the highest DPS for BMs. Does it work for everyone? cause I'm kinda tired of CS Spamming :)

3rd Question is: I saw many hunters Logs with the same Build as mine but in nearly all the Logs their highest DMG done was their Kill Command while my Highest is CS. Am I doing something wrong ? (I have to mention that before I change my gear I had some really good Performance :P )

Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/blackðeath

before I change My gear

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dv3MJbPm46GRZQft#fight=1&type=damage-done

after I changed my gear

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kaNrXH7T4CA3mf6t#fight=1&type=damage-done

Thanks any way and Happy Hunting

Edited by Shimino

Couple of things.

1 - You only do so much CS damage because you're not using Qa'pla - if you were using the boots plus another leggo you'd have a lot more KC damage than CS damage.

2 - whatever sims highest is going to be your best option - mind you if it's only 10-30k you'd still be better off using T19 2pc for AoE encounters purely because it buffs stomp damage so much.

3 - Realistically whatever build sims highest for you will probably do the most damage if you know how to use it. If soul + roar doesn't sim higher, don't use it.

• Thanks 1

Azor's sims on the main page don't show what gear they're using, aside from the legendaries and tier. He mains MM so I'm usually skeptical of how well optimized the secondary stats are for each BM build, because my own sims never agree with his. My guess is that he has a standard build that doesn't go crazy for just one stat, so Apex sims high because it gives a lot of crit. My own build is already set to have as much crit as possible, so Apex falls in value as diminishing returns lowers the weight of crit, although it' still decent. Lately I've been using Prydaz and Qa'pla, even though Prydaz is not the top in my sims, it's like 0.2% dps loss for a nice shield.

As far as tier goes, 900 head and 890 shoulders for Tier 19 is not a great combination. The shoulders have versatility weighted heavily and the helm is a high budget item, so the low item level hurts it more than other pieces. Average 895 ilvl is also pretty low, so it makes sense they will stop being useful soon. However, switching them for non-tier pieces doesn't work particularly great. You're going to gain a lot of ilvl and do the exact same dps. It would be much better to wear Tier 21 2-piece. I've done some sims for some of my gear and the 2-piece is definitely worth getting at 945 ilvl or higher.

Edited by Khallid
  • Thanks 1

His sims for BM do generally seem way off, as the other people above have said he is MM so his stat weights are not always the greatest.

I've had the same conversation with a guildy of mine, try using 4p T20 and 2P T21 if you have it. should be a significant gain, as for legendaries it will depend on your other gear. Its really just a game of balancing your stats at that point with legendaries, none generally shine you just have to sim for which work for you.

I personally use 4P T20 2P T21 with the Soul ring and Belt, was using Parsel and boots at the launch of Antorus.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the time it Helped alot.

Right now AotB sims higher for me. Do You guys think If I get more mastery and use some Pack Leader - Jaw of Thunder Relic with T21 2set will it sim higher ? Im kinda tired of spamming CS :)

GL Hunting

Its possible, really depends on your stat weights, what pieces of tier you have, Legendaries, and Relic traits lol, its a pain, but you have to go through it all. Stats are finicky, just switching a tier piece for another with different stats can raise or drop me 30-40k 

On 12/19/2017 at 4:42 PM, Shimino said:

Thanks for the time it Helped alot.

Right now AotB sims higher for me. Do You guys think If I get more mastery and use some Pack Leader - Jaw of Thunder Relic with T21 2set will it sim higher ? Im kinda tired of spamming CS :)

GL Hunting

Until you get Qa'pla, you're going to spend majority of your time spamming CS. Relics don't make the biggest difference as both specs have the same priority of relics, but the stat breakdown and legendary choice is what really makes the difference.

On 12/16/2017 at 9:31 PM, MightyBoota said:

I've had the same conversation with a guildy of mine, try using 4p T20 and 2P T21 if you have it. should be a significant gain, as for legendaries it will depend on your other gear. Its really just a game of balancing your stats at that point with legendaries, none generally shine you just have to sim for which work for you.

Just to put things in perspective, I gave up 975 C/H shoulders for T20/915 when I got a TF 945 N T21 chest to replace my T20 H 915 one.

After simming, the 4pc T20 + 2pc T21 was better than the 4pc T20 + 975 shoulders + 950 T21 legs.  60 item levels.....  

Finally I got some new stuff and changed to Killer Cobra after month of AotB, but still something is interesting. My CS dmg is still so high and sometimes higher than my KC in logs. I know that my mastery is 70% and I have too much crit 38% but It is interesting. I also need some relics.

Thanks for all the Comments and wish you guys the Best.

On 12/30/2017 at 6:32 PM, Shimino said:

Finally I got some new stuff and changed to Killer Cobra after month of AotB, but still something is interesting. My CS dmg is still so high and sometimes higher than my KC in logs. I know that my mastery is 70% and I have too much crit 38% but It is interesting. I also need some relics.

Thanks for all the Comments and wish you guys the Best.

If your CS damage is higher than KC damage, even with Killer Cobra, you're simply not using Kill Command enough. You need to cast CS a lot less using Killer Cobra, and aim to keep your focus near max for BW windows, and get as many alternating CS/KC as possible. There is no feasible way unless you're running AotB without sephuz that CS should ever be above your KC damage, even if you had all CS damage relics. I've now gone MM but if I swap to BM to solo some stuff, I usually find my KC damage is about 10-20% more of my total than CS.