FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Allseye

Viability of MM meme build

Hi guys

I'm interested in some informations of experienced hunter as i just play it as an alt. With T21-Set, we have some dmg increase for focus-generator and marked shot.

Once there was a so called "meme-build", which i thinks is much more forgiving and should be easier to play where movement is necessary (particular in mythic +): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T5JQNRPJbY

• Are there any experiences/sims where this meme-build is compared with the current trickshot-build?
  • How big is the difference in singletarget fights (i think multitarget meme-build should be stronger)?
  • If sim-difference is not that big, would this mean "meme-build" is generally stronger due to dps-loss with trickshot-build in movementfights (even in slight movementfights...it seems to me dps is just freaking melting)?

What do you think?

Edited by Allseye

Apologies for not getting to this sooner.

From my own experience and sims, meme build sims a lot lower, about 300k or so. I don't think it's a viable build anymore unless you really feel like that burst is helpful on add packs.

MM Movement isn't really all that bad to be honest, in fact it's one of the more forgiving specs for movement, you just have to learn to time it. If you know you've got movement coming up, get out of the way early with a disengage, hit your marked shot, double arcane shot then most of the time you're good to go to start casting aimed shot again. Half of your rotation time is spent using instant cast abilities and you're not standing still as often, aside from massive burst periods.

If you want to test it out for your particular character go right ahead, raidbots.com makes this quite easy - but for me it's a massive net loss of dps.

The meme build's not viable because we got the artifact weapon upgrades (Unerring Arrows) in the middle of Nighthold and then T20 heavily emphasized Aimed Shot. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, i didn't hope to get an answer :-). I just played a bit around and i also simed myself with the 2 different builds. I also recognized a big dps loss in sims. I'm not sure what rotation is simed with meme-build, so if it tries to sim same rotation as you do with trickshot-build, this would just be so wrong and dps-comparison would not be meaningful.  Next point is: my states and relicts could be very wrong for meme-build. I think we should focus more on mastery if we play meme-build as we trigger marked-shot as often as possible. This is way i was looking for more experienced hunter than me :-)

@Mascaron: True, but T21 buffs our marked-shot in a good way. This is why i thought meme-bulid could be more interesting. But yeah, evtl. this unerring arrows prevent us to play another singletarget MM-Build than trickshot.