FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Garrukk

Dire Frenzy VS ZOO

just wondering what the best build is for BM currently, ive been a fan of the dire frenzy build ever since i satrted using it during ToS  and i havent really been beaten by many hunter, ill link my armory in a moment so you can tell me what i can change or not. is it simply a choice of legos? i ahve all BM legos so that isnt a problem, but no matter what i sym with the zoo build i just cant seem to hit anything over 1.47M dps  where as atm with my current build im hitting about 1.6M dps. 

if anyone has any advice please let me know :)

also kinda wondering just how much better MM is then BM atm or if thats even true, and if its worth lvling up my MM weapon and learning how to use

my current ST build https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/garrukk

It all depends on the gear you have. certain set bonuses will even from older tiers hold strong with high crit and the zoo build. If you lack the older bonuses DF may sim higher for you. the only way to tell is to sim various set combos, legendaries, offset pieces, and talents. no matter what you do i would suggest new bracers and neck to get rid of the versatility. Some of it comes down to what you can play well too. if you are doing well with DF though, stomp will be a piece of cake. 

Dire Frenzy build uses different stat priority and legendaries than Zoo build. If you just change the talent and not optimize the rest of course it's not going to work. You also need to learn how to play the build you don't use. Overall the difference between Zoo build and Dire Frenzy build is fairly small (around 2% or less) if you're not wearing Tier 19 2-piece, which you don't need to do anymore if you get Tier 21 2-piece. However, logs show the vast majority of top parsing hunters are using Zoo build, so it's safe to say that's the best one, even if just by a small difference.

MM hits around 10% more dps for an equal parse, but it's a bit harder to play (mostly because BM is so easy), so it takes practice. The ilvl of the bow matters a lot more to MM than BM so if you don't have good relics or high AP level you will do less dps as MM for the time being. If you haven't been playing MM, switching specs can take a while before it starts working well.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Khallid said:

Dire Frenzy build uses different stat priority and legendaries than Zoo build. If you just change the talent and not optimize the rest of course it's not going to work. You also need to learn how to play the build you don't use. Overall the difference between Zoo build and Dire Frenzy build is fairly small (around 2% or less) if you're not wearing Tier 19 2-piece, which you don't need to do anymore if you get Tier 21 2-piece. However, logs show the vast majority of top parsing hunters are using Zoo build, so it's safe to say that's the best one, even if just by a small difference.

MM hits around 10% more dps for an equal parse, but it's a bit harder to play (mostly because BM is so easy), so it takes practice. The ilvl of the bow matters a lot more to MM than BM so if you don't have good relics or high AP level you will do less dps as MM for the time being. If you haven't been playing MM, switching specs can take a while before it starts working well.

I feel like my comments aren't posting anymore but thanks for repeating pretty much exactly what I thought I said haha!

Both builds at this stage aren't miles apart in difference so if you honestly prefer DF build you could stick to it, but Zoo build certainly has higher potential dps.

With MM, like Khallid said the ilvl is by far the most important thing. I went from having a 915 storm and a 930 life relic in mine to a 955 BiS storm and 960 BiS life, my simdps went up by over 200k. If your MM artifact isn't at least in the 970s with crucible +15 you'll probably struggle with getting good results from it.