FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MrEdren

t20/21 4+2 rotation?

So I'm experimenting with 2pc t21/4pc t20 until I get all 4 in t21, and the sims essentially work out to be a wash - the problem I'm having is figuring out the best way to manage energy/cd's while using insignia/shadowblade.  So, questions for the group - 

1.  Should I just not be doing that in the first place, i.e go back to the old way until I have full t21?
  2. What would you suggest changing the shadowstrike/evisc/dance rotation to given the extra energy and reduced cd on Symbols?  I tried just building up to 6 cp and dumping them ASAP between symbols cooldowns, but I doubt that's optimal.  Thoughts?
Edited by MrEdren

On 12/20/2017 at 4:30 PM, MrEdren said:

Should I just not be doing that in the first place, i.e go back to the old way until I have full t21?

AFAIK, for sub, it looks like the go-to is Shoulders + Gloves/Cloak (ST/AoE) + 2-piece T20 and 2-piece T21. I've already notified Furty that we need an update/revision on the guide, but this seems like it's annihilating everything else right now on parses/rankings.

Also, sorry for not grabbing this earlier. I didn't see it and it's the holidays, so Carrn might be AFK!

4 minutes ago, Blainie said:

AFAIK, for sub, it looks like the go-to is Shoulders + Gloves/Cloak (ST/AoE) + 2-piece T20 and 2-piece T21. I've already notified Furty that we need an update/revision on the guide, but this seems like it's annihilating everything else right now on parses/rankings.

Also, sorry for not grabbing this earlier. I didn't see it and it's the holidays, so Carrn might be AFK!

That was my thought - I tried rotating through a few sets and 2+2+shouldergloves was the best by FAR.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrEdren said:

That was my thought - I tried rotating through a few sets and 2+2+shouldergloves was the best by FAR.

Yep! It's definitely the best choice. The actual guide should be updated to reflect it soon.

41 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Yep! It's definitely the best choice. The actual guide should be updated to reflect it soon.

So would you keep gloomblade/crit focus with that in mind?

4 hours ago, MrEdren said:

So would you keep gloomblade/crit focus with that in mind?

For pretty much every fight in Antorus, I'd take:

• Master of Sub
  • Nightstalker
  • Deeper Stratagem
  • Cheat Death
  • ---Optional---
  • Dark Shadow
  • Death from Above

The only except I'd make to this is that Shadow Focus can perform equally as well as Nightstalker on non-AoE fights. Nightstalker is firmly better on Eonar, High Command, Hasabel, Coven.

On 12/28/2017 at 12:04 PM, Blainie said:

As far I know, Carrn hasn't been seen since Mythic opened - someone should probably check on him :)

• Like 1

On 12/29/2017 at 9:49 PM, MrEdren said:

As far I know, Carrn hasn't been seen since Mythic opened - someone should probably check on him :)

He recently dropped a post on the forums, it looks like we'll have him back in around a week! *yay*