FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
GoGhoti

Should I dust everything and focus on a deck

Going through my collection and languishing in the Rank 20-17 has got me thinking on simply dusting everything outside of a single deck and making that deck the best it can be. 

The decks I have built:

Jade Druid

Quest Priest

Quest Rogue (Only the Quest as the Legendary and no Preperation)

Shamman Overload

Jade Shamman

"No Pain No Gain" Warrior 

Decks I am interested in building:

Cubelock

Fatigue Rogue 

Pet decks to Keep for Quests:

Divine Spirit Priest

Quest Shamman

Quest Warrior 

To be honest, none of the decks you mentioned here can take you to Rank 5 or higher in the long run. Quest priest is unreliable in standard, shaman is in a bad spot as a whole, jade druid is weaker than before K&C, Quest Rogue is really weak w/o Preparation, and I am not sure what is No Pain No Gain warrior, but warrior is not good too in general.

When we look at the top decks right now, I don't think you can build Razakus Priest (even if you can, just don't, pick something with dignity)

You can play aggro (or murloc) paladin for a faster option, it is relatively cheap and quite powerful. Any variant of control warlock is reliable (but significantly slower) , tempo mage or tempo rogue are your other options.

So cubelock is definitely one of the best decks in the game right now, and should help you climb consistently, given you learned how to play it correctly.

Now, I can't tell whether you should dust your stuff, it depends on your preferences. Especially if you want to play only one class or have more options.

Look for the deckslists for archetypes I mentioned, then we can talk about how many dust you need for each, possible replacements for any card you don't have, and what you should definitely have. 

TL:DR; All that may sound fun for you is unplayable or gets beaten by the top tier decks most of the time. Even though we got new toys with K&C which are interesting the meta is already pretty boring.

50 minutes ago, GoGhoti said:

Going through my collection and languishing in the Rank 20-17 has got me thinking on simply dusting everything outside of a single deck and making that deck the best it can be

@Caldyrvan this is what OP wants.

What should I say, that OP should play highlander jade murloc dragon beast rogue, so everyone can beat him with both their eyes closed and have their hands tied behind their back.

Game being fun is subjective, I don't enjoy playing it so much as well, as someone who wants to enjoy some control paladin. But here, we have a different point

Unless I understood OP totally wrong, that is.

I didn't want to say you are wrong, I totally agree with you :)

Back to the question from @GoGhoti: personally I am not a friend of dusting everything to get one great deck. But this depens on which kind of player and person you are. If you will be happy playing the same deck over and over again that's fine than it could be an option to dust a lot to craft one great deck.

But you may end up getting bored of it and then just playing it because you can win with it, but winning is anyway what most players are interested in (ofc I want to win too :D) but it gets boring, at least for me :)

The other side is having more than one good deck is expensive. Sad system that is why we face the same decks too not only because they are strong.

As I look at what I wrote, my advice seems to be no real advice, more an opinion, sorry ;)

Edited by Caldyrvan

17 hours ago, GoGhoti said:

dusting everything outside of a single deck and making that deck the best it can be. 

Don't. The moment that deck tumbles down you're left with nothing. Pick one deck you like and build slowly toward that, but don't put all your eggs in the same basket.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GoGhoti said:

simply dusting everything

Never do this.

You'll get bored eventually, and then you won't have anything different to play. And even if you won't get bored, the meta will shift and your investiment won't be that good.

Instead, I suggest you to concentrate to one goal at time. Your first goal should be to get some "confort" legendaries that you can use in many decks, and the same applies to many epic cards. Often is better to craft some epic, even in 1x where pro players play 2, then a legendary. When you decide what cards you need, open the right pack to get them with all the gold you get.

The second thing is not to concentrate too much on build you find around: pro players focus only in winning, and have many money to spend on the game. Almost every deck can be played at a budget version that can lead you at least to rank 10; and you are on rank 17, so I think that first rank 15 would be a success :) then 10, then 5, then legend.

So the third suggestion is to try to become a better player before trying to get a better card collection. Read guides (like the one Aleco's wrote in this site), try to understand how every meta deck works, then ask yourself: how can I play this deck at budget?
When you'll understand every deck on ladder, you'll start winning a lot more.

• Like 2

Do not dust your cards!!!  Just try to get rank 5-10 and dust those gold cards.  It's not hard, if you build slow, come next expansion you'll be ready to make a bigger push.

I dusted everything to make Control Mage and Control Warrior, but only because I wanted one or two viable decks. Now I'm saving everything, except gold cards, which I'll dust to make an even better deck that's tier 1.

What would you craft with dust? That's what you should be asking yourself. Being F2P is very hard after I tested it out on a new account. If you like HS drop some $ on the welcome bundle. You're free to keep grinding dailies but that's on you. Time vs $ for cards today. Bluestacks TextNow VLCOn the subject of golden cards, I really like them an keep mine. I feel like you should keep them if you plan on playing HS for a long time. If you pick up the game for a couple matches throughout the month then totally disenchant your goldens to help getting new cards asap.

Edited by ilani2