FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nika

Pawn and Stat weights

I am more than just a little noobish where stat weights are concerned and using pawn since there seems to be a little bit of a veer to the side when it comes to certain classes and their specs, I know that in most cases the main stat takes priority over all the others, and that in the class guides the stat priority is more of a guideline, is there anyway to know what stat to chase hard or is it simply a case of just trusting pawn to give you the "right" stats?

Just one more question does the same rule apply for all classes regarding Item level? Item level takes priority over all other stats?

I am not an excellent math brain, but would like to learn more, so please bear with me

Thanks for reading

Edited by Nika

On 12/20/2017 at 7:05 PM, Nika said:

I am not an excellent math brain, but would like to learn more, so please bear with me

So. There's two different ways to gear yourself:

1. Stat weights.
  2. Gear comparison.

For stat weights, you simply run a sim, the sim returns a number and you put that into your addon. The addon will then evaluate the piece of gear and see if its an upgrade for you. The issue with this is that it assumes your stat weights will not change as you increase your stats by a certain amount, or decrease them.

For example, if your weights tell you that Crit is desperately needed above everything else, you might find that after replacing a piece with a new Crit cloak, your Crit weight is now suddenly rock bottom, far below everything. The logical thing to do now is to replace that Crit piece you just put on with your old Haste one, which is now better according to stat weights.

This is because your stat weights change as you increase your stats, or decrease them. Stat weights rely entirely on the values of everything else, so their worth also changes. In the above example, you need Crit, but you are giving yourself too much of it, meaning its only your top weight for a few points, before dropping its weight.

This is where Gear Comparison comes in. You simply take the two sets of gear, sim yourself in each one and see which one performs better. This completely bypasses all stat weights etc. and just puts the output of one piece against another when paired with the rest of your armour.

As for main stat and item level etc. vs. secondaries, it depends on the class, it depends on the piece of gear, it depends on the slot it fills. The only way to know is through the method/s above.

• Thanks 1

Thank you!!! It makes more sense now, so the only way to be sure is to sim yourself that way you are sure whether or not it is an upgrade. Really appreciate the help!!!

Happy new Year!!!\

Kind regards

Nika

On 12/31/2017 at 11:41 AM, Nika said:

Really appreciate the help!!!

Happy new Year!!!\

No problem and same to you!