FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rahkar

Why do I get multiple Templar's Verdict's in a row?

Randomly on occasion I get multiple Templar's Verdict's in a row, 2, sometimes like 5 without having to build any holy power with Crusader Strike's or Blade of Justice's. I'm only level 50 and the talents I have on (are not The Fires Of Justice) they are Final Verdict, Greater Judgement, and Binding Light - that is all of em. The only passive I have is Heart of the Crusader. So what's going on here? Is this a bug or am I missing something. ...? I'm really loving my Tauren Paladin and just want to learn everything there is about the class, starting with this. Thanks.

The only two ways (which comes down to one) I can think of are having the "Divine Purpose" talent or having the Soul of the Highlord legendary ring, which also gives this talent. But you state only being level 50 and not having this talent. Could you post a link to your character here for further investigation as to what might cause this? 

this is a link to my paladins profile page on WoW, hope that's what you mean by post a link. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/rahkar                                        I'd also like to add in that I noticed the holy power bar doesn't go down at all when this 'effect' happens. Also I have the parrot 2 addon and it shows the abilities damage amount each time, and nothing unordinary about the cast happnes other than it not costing holy power. And this is my 2-3'rd pally that I've had this effect on. So the fact that this isn't normal or easily explainable is strange lol.

13 hours ago, Rahkar said:

this is a link to my paladins profile page on WoW, hope that's what you mean by post a link. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/rahkar                                        I'd also like to add in that I noticed the holy power bar doesn't go down at all when this 'effect' happens. Also I have the parrot 2 addon and it shows the abilities damage amount each time, and nothing unordinary about the cast happnes other than it not costing holy power. And this is my 2-3'rd pally that I've had this effect on. So the fact that this isn't normal or easily explainable is strange lol.

Yes. I see nothing out of the ordinary on your character. But I've no clue what ''Parrot  2" is. Could it be, that because the holy power bar doesn't go down that it might be a visual bug / latency/lag issue? And it seems that you get 2 casts off, but it's actually only one? 

Hi Rahkar,

There is a very good chance your Templar's Verdict is being Dodged, Blocked, Parried or misses. In this case your Holy Power is refunded, which is why you would be able to use it more than once in a row. Just check this on your character next time you use TV in either the combat log or by using a scrolling combat text addon.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Glanyx
Minor addition

7 hours ago, Shishikyu said:

Yes. I see nothing out of the ordinary on your character. But I've no clue what ''Parrot  2" is. Could it be, that because the holy power bar doesn't go down that it might be a visual bug / latency/lag issue? And it seems that you get 2 casts off, but it's actually only one? 

the most likely reason is that your attack got parried or missed, which doesnt spend your holy power. I'm not sure if block does that too, but if it's getting parried or blocked, make sure you are behind your target if you are in a group, and for missing, it should only happen if the enemy is higher level than you. if you check your combat log, it should tell you what happened, under my actions.

10 hours ago, nrotter2468 said:

the most likely reason is that your attack got parried or missed, which doesnt spend your holy power. I'm not sure if block does that too, but if it's getting parried or blocked, make sure you are behind your target if you are in a group, and for missing, it should only happen if the enemy is higher level than you. if you check your combat log, it should tell you what happened, under my actions.

I didn't think this had to be mentioned as it should be common sense for melee dps to attack a boss from behind but you do bring a fair point in this discussion. Further taking in mind this dude was level 50 at the time of his post. So it's most likely happening during leveling/solo-content where you can't attack a target from behind outside of your stun being up on them. I guess that cracks the ''mystery'' then.