FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ikorus

Performance Enhancers

So I'm only just now starting to look into how to use things like pawn and simcraft to get my gear as good as it can be, now that I finally got my first legendary (and a pretty good one - magtheridon's banished bracers. shame it wasn't shard though).

I'm just wondering if those things can tell us about what food, gems, and enchantments would be ideal for us at any given moment or if we should stick hard and fast to the consumables listed in the spec pages? AMR offers advice about gems and enchantments as well (seems weirdly insistent on gemming for haste right now, which i dont mind too much considering lower end haste gems are pretty cheap) but nothing for food or potions (like deadly grace vs prolonged power vs old war, which could vary by class and spec). pawn as a baseline says nothing about consumables or gems.

also, since im really enjoying frost, but it is a bit rng dependant, how many iterations should i sim? i heard 10k may not be enough for rng dependant specs, and for my first ever run just to be extra thorough i have it set for 500k but thats taking FOREVER and id rather not do that more than once every GREAT while.

On 12/23/2017 at 5:27 PM, Ikorus said:

I'm just wondering if those things can tell us about what food, gems, and enchantments would be ideal for us at any given moment or if we should stick hard and fast to the consumables listed in the spec pages? AMR offers advice about gems and enchantments as well (seems weirdly insistent on gemming for haste right now, which i dont mind too much considering lower end haste gems are pretty cheap) but nothing for food or potions (like deadly grace vs prolonged power vs old war, which could vary by class and spec). pawn as a baseline says nothing about consumables or gems.

The way to compare on SimCraft would be to change the section that lists consumables to what you are wanting to compare. For example, do a sim with Haste food and Old War, then another sim with Crit food and Old War. It takes a while, but it's the easiest way to compare the different types. Alternatively, it's worth noting that potions very rarely change by gear level/stat level for specs.

For Frost, for example, there's no reason to use anything other than Prolonged Power. As for food, you can normally work it our via stat weights. Exact answers/comparisons or the price difference vs. DPS difference is the method I mentioned above.

On 12/23/2017 at 5:27 PM, Ikorus said:

also, since im really enjoying frost, but it is a bit rng dependant, how many iterations should i sim? i heard 10k may not be enough for rng dependant specs, and for my first ever run just to be extra thorough i have it set for 500k but thats taking FOREVER and id rather not do that more than once every GREAT while.

10k is enough for personal sims. 500K is for massive, general sims to create generic weights/priorities for guides.

On 05/01/2018 at 5:14 PM, Ikorus said:

Thanks for the info

Good luck with the sims! You can also run gear comparison sims instead of stat weight ones for slightly more accurate gear sims :)