FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sleestax

Prot Stam stacker

So I personaly dont have a warrior tank thats 90 but one of the tanks in my raid group is. The other day the healers were telling him was hard to heal. He came up with a number of excuses. Well I'm leveling a prot warrior and i do a bit of reading here and on other forums and i notice no one stacks stam. I was wondering... Is this warrior tank I speak of stacking the wrong stat? He is ilevel 550 and we're raiding SoO 11 in as of tonight. I can link his toon if need be.

The only reason you should really stack stam is if your are too spiky because the boss's attacks hit too hard. The only recent fight where you really needed to do this is Heroic 25m Ra Den if I recall correctly.

The way most warriors are gearing in 5.4 is hard avoidance (Parry/Dodge) since the 5.4 changes made these stats really efficient at both increasing rage generation and damage.

If your warrior friend is too hard to heal it probably is because he is not using is active mitigation tools (Shield Block and Shield Barrier) enough or correctly.

• Like 1

Ragebarr's mostly on the right track. Stam stacking isn't about reducing spikiness, it's only real ebenfit is for surviving the hits you're taking. If you're routinely taking hits that take you sub 50% even with CDs and full mitigation use, then stam may be an option. In 550 ilvl and in SoO, I see no reason for him to be doing so at all. His excuses are just that and his spikiness is entirely his fault. Avoidance is extremely strong this tier and gives an insane amount of rage. Utilizing that rage to keep a SBlk rotation up while layering in SBars on top will prevent spikiness.

• Like 1