FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vile

LMG and Glyph of Surging Mists

My Mistweaver alts got their hands on the LMG last night and I have been looking for information on how to best utilize it. I've read somewhere before that SM glyph is quite popular for this purpose, so I'd like to confirm if this is the way to go. I'm also interested in SM's interaction with Soothing Mists when glyphed. Will it still act as a smart heal if I'm channeling? Or is that only when 'free casting'? Any other suggestions and tips on how to get the most out of the gem are also greatly appreciated.

Yes it is a good idea and it remains a smart heal i believe(u have got me thinking now...) but it is still  a great wat to generate more chi for mana tea.

Its also good to get free muscle memory procs too.

Its also good to use RJW if you have the talent during the meta. Personally i dump chi during my meta with enveloping mists as it drops more chi than uplift and doesnt break the soothing mist cast. This is of course always situational.

Pretty much u want to spend and generate as much chi as possible during ur meta proc without neglecting healing that may be required.

To my knowledge Surging Mist always prefers to go through Soothing if the channel is active. The smartheal portion is only effective when hardcasting.

I haven't tried the glyph myself yet, but I remember reading this somewhere.

in my experience (and I must say my monk is not very active atm) Surging Mist glyphed will always out as a smartheal, it does not matter if its insta cast through soothing or not.

This makes it strong but unreliable in emergencies.

This info is however from 5.2 so maybe they changed it.

I am pretty sure this was the case ^^

OK here is the official version

Glyph of surging mists will only smart heal on hard casts.  It will still insta-heal your soothing mists target.

Here is the toltip for SrM with the glyph: ability_monk_surgingmist.jpgSurging Mist

This has been the case with the glyph since it has been available. 

Hope that clears things up.

As far as meta gem goes, the most EFFICIENT way of using it is to Jab -> Tiger Palm -> Jab -> Tiger Palm.  That will give you an 8% mana return.  But if you're already loaded with with mana or tea stacks you can use it for 2 free SCK or spam SrM like you suggested with the glyph.  If you want to do damage, I would suggest using CJL and then right before the buff expires cast it again and the whole cast will be free.

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for all the great pointers, loving my new gem and I think I'm making the most of it!