FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Coldhands

Ranked game points adjustment

Hi there,

I might be missing something, but in previous seasons you got some adjustment at the end of the game, but its now flat 200 points I win or lose. What is going on, what am I missing? Where does MMR kick in? I thought its gonna work like: okay, you played really well, here are extra X points to your 200. Or, despite you lost the game, you did well compared to other players with the similar character, so we gonna deduct less from your points.

Please, enlighten me, what is going on?

The way we *think* it works can be summed up like this:

Win/Loss determines which direction your MMR changes.  Win, and it goes up.  Lose, and it goes down.

How well you play the hero you selected determines how much your MMR changes.  Play well, and you MMR decreases less (if a loss) and increases more (if a win), and visa versa.

That being said, we're not entirely sure what goes into that MMR calculation.  Does going 1-5 as a tank but soaking a ton of damage for you team count of playing "well"?  Because MMR remains invisible, we're not entirely sure what goes into the calculation for each hero.

At least, that's my understanding.  Anyone else with words of wisdom?

It looks now working. The only problem I have now is... There is no way out of silver swamp. I was like, am I really this terrible? So I opened up a new acc, if I end up in silver with that as well, then yes. But after 15-20 stomping wins, I started to play with plat-dia-master players. Cool... Back to the original acc, where my chars are all unlocked, people can't even pick properly, defeat after defeat... great. How to fix this, really? I dont want to pay for unlocks, or farm them, and climbing out of silver is seemingly impossible... And I dont want to stop playing.

19 hours ago, Coldhands said:

It looks now working. The only problem I have now is... There is no way out of silver swamp. I was like, am I really this terrible? So I opened up a new acc, if I end up in silver with that as well, then yes. But after 15-20 stomping wins, I started to play with plat-dia-master players. Cool... Back to the original acc, where my chars are all unlocked, people can't even pick properly, defeat after defeat... great. How to fix this, really? I dont want to pay for unlocks, or farm them, and climbing out of silver is seemingly impossible... And I dont want to stop playing.

I can just speak for my experience: I got put in high gold (literally like 5 points outside Platinum, because of one game where we had a Lv 5 Kel'Thuzad as our only damage :( ), where I barely could crack gold before.  It seems better then before, but I've still seen a LOT of bad teams.