FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MommaMike

Need some help with certain encounters in m+s

HI

I'm doing great in m+s, but I wanna do more damage! I play affliction warlock and my stats are currently: 23% Crit, 32% haste, 117% Mastery, which gives me around 1,6-2mill dps on a boss fight with a little movement involved. But I wanna do more than that.

^talents used for tyrannical(This talent setup is used for most of the dungeons (if its tyrannical) I do as I feel I do OK/Good dps on trash): MG,Contagion,Sow the seeds (Sometimes Soul harvest depending on dungeon on)

My gear set for trash is like 31% crit, 39% haste and 88% mastery. But I'm not 100% sure if it's good or not, Usually when I'm in a group we do big pulls. What exactly do I need to do more damage than i already do? Depending on pack 3-4 adds 2.5-3mill, 5+ adds 3-6mill

Current trinkets: Tarnished Sentinel Medallion & Norgannon's Prowess (Both st and aoe)

Legendaries: Singel target: head and waist. Trash/AoE: Chest and Sephuz.

Tier sets: 2 set T21 & 2 set T20

I have very low item level on my T20 915(Cloak) and 930(chest), I do have much higher items with better stats to replace T20 but I do sim alot lower without the T20, like 10kish lower.

What can I do to do more damage in m+s? Both AoE And Single target?

IS it worth having tier sets? OR should I only focus on having decent stats? I have T20 chest/cloak and T21 Legs/Hands

Edited by MommaMike

On 12/26/2017 at 11:35 AM, MommaMike said:

I need a log of you in M+. I can't help with what you've given me so far.

On 12/26/2017 at 11:35 AM, MommaMike said:

IS it worth having tier sets? OR should I only focus on having decent stats? I have T20 chest/cloak and T21 Legs/Hands

T21 2-piece and 4-piece are extremely powerful. If you have T20 4-piece, use it until you have T21 4-piece. If not, run T21 2-piece and your highest simming pieces otherwise.

On 26/12/2017 at 12:35 PM, MommaMike said:

HI

I'm doing great in m+s, but I wanna do more damage! I play affliction warlock and my stats are currently: 23% Crit, 32% haste, 117% Mastery, which gives me around 1,6-2mill dps on a boss fight with a little movement involved. But I wanna do more than that.

^talents used for tyrannical(This talent setup is used for most of the dungeons (if its tyrannical) I do as I feel I do OK/Good dps on trash): MG,Contagion,Sow the seeds (Sometimes Soul harvest depending on dungeon on)

My gear set for trash is like 31% crit, 39% haste and 88% mastery. But I'm not 100% sure if it's good or not, Usually when I'm in a group we do big pulls. What exactly do I need to do more damage than i already do? Depending on pack 3-4 adds 2.5-3mill, 5+ adds 3-6mill

Current trinkets: Tarnished Sentinel Medallion & Norgannon's Prowess (Both st and aoe)

Legendaries: Singel target: head and waist. Trash/AoE: Chest and Sephuz.

Tier sets: 2 set T21 & 2 set T20

I have very low item level on my T20 915(Cloak) and 930(chest), I do have much higher items with better stats to replace T20 but I do sim alot lower without the T20, like 10kish lower.

I personally find MG a very strange choice for higher level dungeons. At max level, depending on tier as I have no clue without,  MG and WiA are 4-6% apart with the regular talents for a patchwerk single target 5 minute fight (too lazy to run a short one at the moment). So few boss fights in dungeons are actually ST or allow you to stay still. In addition MG gives you very little cleaving power and weaker target switching on trash mobs.

Perhaps you cannot always ramp your Agony to 15 with WiA but can you actually drain enough with MG for it to be worth? With so many mobs to dot up and so on.

So I switch builds depending on dungeon, affixes, group and just my mood! So the question is do you need and/or want boss/small pack or large pull damage?

There are two main ones I use. The first is an AoE heavy one and that consists of WiA-ELT-StS-SC. I tend to wear Chest and Sephuz with build and T20. Yes your boss damage will be less but the trash damage gain is insane. I switch gear on bosses to my best "ST" stuff. 

My main dot build I run with T21 and if I want to focus more on smaller packs/bosses is WiA-Cont-SH (or occasionally PS)-DE with helm and Sephuz on trash. If I can proc it I would also wear Sephuz on bosses. Without tier I perhaps would change DE to SC but do get some, the bonuses are amazing and well worth dropping item levels. As to how much then learn to sim. 

I really dislike belt in dungeons, I don't feel I get much value from it but if you think you do then yes it should be one of the better leggos. Owl is a ST trinket only and even then perhaps not that good, especially without SH, do you have anything else? Arcano, stat stick or Acrid would probably be ideal.

8 hours ago, spikeysquad said:

I personally find MG a very strange choice for higher level dungeons. At max level, depending on tier as I have no clue without,  MG and WiA are 4-6% apart with the regular talents for a patchwerk single target 5 minute fight (too lazy to run a short one at the moment). So few boss fights in dungeons are actually ST or allow you to stay still. In addition MG gives you very little cleaving power and weaker target switching on trash mobs.

Perhaps you cannot always ramp your Agony to 15 with WiA but can you actually drain enough with MG for it to be worth? With so many mobs to dot up and so on.

So I switch builds depending on dungeon, affixes, group and just my mood! So the question is do you need and/or want boss/small pack or large pull damage?

There are two main ones I use. The first is an AoE heavy one and that consists of WiA-ELT-StS-SC. I tend to wear Chest and Sephuz with build and T20. Yes your boss damage will be less but the trash damage gain is insane. I switch gear on bosses to my best "ST" stuff. 

My main dot build I run with T21 and if I want to focus more on smaller packs/bosses is WiA-Cont-SH (or occasionally PS)-DE with helm and Sephuz on trash. If I can proc it I would also wear Sephuz on bosses. Without tier I perhaps would change DE to SC but do get some, the bonuses are amazing and well worth dropping item levels. As to how much then learn to sim. 

I really dislike belt in dungeons, I don't feel I get much value from it but if you think you do then yes it should be one of the better leggos. Owl is a ST trinket only and even then perhaps not that good, especially without SH, do you have anything else? Arcano, stat stick or Acrid would probably be ideal.

I sadly have very small selection of trinkets......

I do not have arcano, I dont have acid, or stat sticks, well...... I got int/crit, int/vers ones...

But, I see myself having VERY low mastery but OK-ish haste. Like which stat is the most useful one when it comes to dungeons? 

8 minutes ago, MommaMike said:

I sadly have very small selection of trinkets......

I do not have arcano, I dont have acid, or stat sticks, well...... I got int/crit, int/vers ones...

But, I see myself having VERY low mastery but OK-ish haste. Like which stat is the most useful one when it comes to dungeons? 

For seeding haste for sure, mastery means little. Then swap gear to a more balanced set on smaller packs/bosses.