FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
pastalas

guild too small for big raid rewards

My guild is very small. 3 active members at the moment, That's fine. We like our little guild as there is NO drama and NO favoritism. Our problem is Blizz ignores small groups like us. In order to raid and engage in instances we are forced to LFR which restricts the quality of gear rewards allowed bigger guilds. We pay our dues, are dedicated players and have been for years but remain loyal to the guild. Problems arise when WoW "elitists" don't consider our lower gear quality to be sufficient for "their" standards although we have achieved the best possible under LFR terms. Thanks Blizz for being prejudicial toward us little guys. It requires all of my persuasion talents to prevent the remaining guild members to leave the game altogether. Anyone else experiencing this situation?

Edited by pastalas
spelling
  • Thanks 1

Uncommon Patron

I ran into this issue as well with my guild.

What we ended up doing was joining other guild runs on our server, so like it'd be my guild (4-6 people) join another guilds run of 10+ people. That way we were able to progress even though we were a tiny guild, and it also kept us from having to PUG normal/heroic raids every week, we just tagged along with a bigger "sister guild" as we eventually started calling it. We were able to keep our guild tiny and close-to-home, while still experiencing the benefit of big-guild raiding.

I hope you guys can figure this out and get some stuff goin, it'd be a shame to fall apart over something like this. Small guilds unite!

If you aren't doing mythic raiding, why would you need mythic quality gear? You don't need a 960 ilvl to do daily world quests or dungeons. LFR was put in for people who wanted to see the raids lore, bosses and stuff but don't have time to regular raid and for gearing alts. Sure I run it on my main just for the chance of a nice TF piece or possible legendary but that is slim. They added scenarios in MoP for short small group activity but they took them out for some reason. Before people complained that they couldn't get raid gear without joining a raiding guild and actually raiding. What would be the point of doing normal, heroic and mythic if LFR gave the same gear for 1/100 of the effort? And those people aren't being elitist, they are being realist. If you walk into raid undergeared you can play your class at 100% but you just won't have the amount of damage needed to kill things before an enrage timer. Not to mention mechanics absent or nerfed to the point you can ignore them in LFR. This reminds me of the people complaining of the lack of single player activity in this MMORPG. 

• Like 1

Uncommon Patron

I mean, I understand wanting good gear and such even for a small guild and that's why Mythic+ is a great option. But I also have to point out the obvious, if you aren't raiding or going to raid, you don't need raid gear. If all you are ever going to do is mythic dungeons then having even mythic 2 or 3 ilvl gear at this point with 2 legendaries and your artifact points up to a decent level is going to have you ripping through them pretty easily as well as any open world content. Raid gear is for meant raids, so not raiding means you don't need raid gear? LFR is there if you want to get the tier set bonuses and see the lore.

Edited by InMorte
grammar

"i don't want to put in the effort to maintain a full roster, and i'm not rewarded like the people who do, fuck you blizz"

yeah, drama and controversies are also something that you need to endure to get to higher levels, that's part of the job

Edited by Baguettson

On 27.12.2017 at 7:09 PM, pastalas said:

My guild is very small. 3 active members at the moment, That's fine. We like our little guild as there is NO drama and NO favoritism. Our problem is Blizz ignores small groups like us. In order to raid and engage in instances we are forced to LFR which restricts the quality of gear rewards allowed bigger guilds. We pay our dues, are dedicated players and have been for years but remain loyal to the guild. Problems arise when WoW "elitists" don't consider our lower gear quality to be sufficient for "their" standards although we have achieved the best possible under LFR terms. Thanks Blizz for being prejudicial toward us little guys. It requires all of my persuasion talents to prevent the remaining guild members to leave the game altogether. Anyone else experiencing this situation?

WoW is an MMO. As in massive multipayer online game. If you like playing with 2-3 friends, consider co-op games like D3, Destiny 2 or else.

Furthermore, you can always start your own PuG group. You have 3 people. So open a raid, write into the description what you think might attract people that are like you and fill it up til 10 (orm more). Then go out and raid.

You know, an MMo is about interacting with players. With actual humans. Thats why MMOs exist. Otherwise, you can go and play a single-player game.

and then on the other hand, if you do not want to raid, thats fine. You do not have to. But you do not need raid gear for questing or LFR. So yeah, those rewards are for people who are willing to organisz the needed roster and stability to do that regularly.

In fact, wow is great for small groups of people, you should focus on doing mythic+ with your friends, if all of you are competent enough you can get the best possible gear in this game by doing this