FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
HeavenPierce

Timeless gear

First of all, I'm sure there is already a thread discussing this and sorry for reposting it. After looking at my gear and such recently I'm starting to get this feeling that burden gear (535) isn't as good as the item level is saying. Just a hunch maybe i'm wrong, and when it gets 1 stat there seems to be less of that 1 stat than with 2, for example 600/600 with 2 stats and 1000 with 1 stat. Appreciate any knowledge on the topic. Thanks. 

If you get unlucky and get 1 stat, then you got unlucky.  If you get 2 stats on a piece of gear, it's better.  Unfortunately, there's no way to see this until AFTER you use it.  I had similar results trying to replace my crappy ring.  I made 3 535 rings, one had 900+ Hit, one had 650 Hit and 650 Expertise, and the other had 900 Crit. 

Timeless gear isn't itemized well or have gem sockets, other than the helm.  It's not meant to be a viable upgrading method, but instead something to help improve gear where you don't get gear in raids and such.  Think of the Timeless Isle gear as supplemental gear, not a proper gearing up method.

This is what I had figured, I read somewhere that someone found the 535 timeless gear to be around 510ilvl normal gear, which I find to be somewhat accurate. I run my flexs each week and am doing my best to replace the gear. Would you suggest the 522 ToT stuff over the 535 timeless? Thanks for the response.

Edited by HeavenPierce

You're right. Timeless gear has the same amount of main stats as other gear with the same item level; the difference, as you say, is with secondaries and also gem sockets. My Mistweaver Monk has 496 boots with the Impatient affix, which is Haste. Compared with other options that have the same ilvl:

Timeless/Impatient: +898 Haste

Timeless/Undertow: +605 Spirit, +605 Haste

Stompdodger Boots (Galleon drop): +576 Crit, +624 Mastery

Treads of Rejuvenating Mists (1750 JP): +624 Crit, +576 Mastery

Tyrannical Gladiator's Footguards of Meditation: +570 Spirit, +532 Mastery, and yellow socket

Asani's Uncleansed Sandals (Terrace normal): +528 Spirit, +592 Haste, and yellow socket

So as you can see, there is a large gulf between pieces that have the same ilvl. From the worst to the best is a difference of over 500 stat points. But the Timeless gear with two stats, the world boss drop, and the JP gear are the same. Of course, if you're a Fire Mage and you roll Decimator, you scored big time, but the value of a single roll is largely dependent on how good the roll is for you. In short, you can think of the 535 Timeless gear as being equivalent to 535 VP gear, if it existed, rather than being equivalent to T15 Heroic gear. If it rolls with one stat, then it's below that level.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Heavenpierce/advanced

I rolled decimator on a few pieces, which for a warrior seems good in theory, I just feel like the gear still under performs to other gear of similar ilvl. I guess I just need to get into full flex as quick as possible.

It does underperform compared to raid gear, because it's not raid gear. If you compare it to the Shado-Pan Assault gear, it's favorable. If you compare it to gear from Throne of Thunder normal or SoO LFR, you'll need Simcraft to figure out which is better.