FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
PandaEyes

As fury, how am I doing?

Hey, haven't raided in a long time, just getting back. (Logs are my first raid back). I have bad stats and no tier/trinks, but are their any core things I'm missing in the fury playstyle? I'm making sure(or trying to anyway) to always wait for 100 rage to rampage and my cds windows go BC>Rampage>Raging Blow>Odyns Fury>Bloodthirst>Raging Blow. I'm not quite sure how the rotation changes for aoe prioritization though so I generally end up using rampage then odynsfury then spamming WW due to belt, any info on this would be great.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9ZXBc3KyMnJGdxt8/

Armory(With the new gear I got from raid): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/area-52/feuerschwert

Any pointers you could give would be great. And yeah, raid dps is a little low, which is why we didn't finish the raid.

Edited by PandaEyes

Garothi:

• Slightly low on Enrage uptime.
  • Above is likely caused by too few Bloodthirst casts.
  • Use Leap + Charge on smash to ensure maximum uptime on boss. No need to run to the back of the room, just leap back at the last second and charge in again.

Felhounds:

• Missed 2 Rampage casts at 100 rage.

Antoran:

• Your Rampage use was poor on this one.
  • Multiple Rampages were finishing out of range, meaning lost damage.
  • Multiple Rampages were cast at sub-100 rage.

Eonar:

• Despite downtime, you should be using Battle Cry more. Even using it for a couple seconds on a pack is better than completely missing the cast and holding it for 2-3 minutes.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

Hey, thanks for the response! I could tell that I had low up-time on enrage just based off the or little rage I was generating through auto attacks. As for the poor rampage usage... yeah I was just bad there. xD And Eonar I had no clue as to what was even happening there. No one explained the fights and I didn't have time to research them before raid so I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

I'm still unclear on a few subjects though:

1. The priority of Bloodthirst and Raging blow, if I have both off cd and I am not currently enraged, it is worth trying to proc enrage first, right?

2. You have to stay in range of the mob for Rampage to hit all three times? I was under the impression if you started to hit it, it wouldn't cancel by range

3. With the belt, is it worth ever WW instead of using raging blow?

4. People say that it is worth waiting for 100 rage to execute to build stacks, but bosses don't seem to last long enough for me to generate a lot of stacks. I'm assuming this is solved with higher difficulties?

5. Where do I stand dps wise, do you think with gear I'm good enough for hero? I used to tank last time I raided, so this is all a little new.

Edited by PandaEyes

19 hours ago, PandaEyes said:

1. The priority of Bloodthirst and Raging blow, if I have both off cd and I am not currently enraged, it is worth trying to proc enrage first, right?

BT > RB is your priority.

2. You have to stay in range of the mob for Rampage to hit all three times? I was under the impression if you started to hit it, it wouldn't cancel by range

Wrong choice of words by me - you're using sub-100 rage Rampages that don't land all hits because the mobs die too fast or the boss transitions into their pod. So you essentially don't proc Frothing, meaning you don't get the damage bonus, while still using your Rage to not even land all the hits on the mob.

3. With the belt, is it worth ever WW instead of using raging blow?

With belt, you only Raging Blow when hitting less than 3 enemies now. Otherwise WW.

4. People say that it is worth waiting for 100 rage to execute to build stacks, but bosses don't seem to last long enough for me to generate a lot of stacks. I'm assuming this is solved with higher difficulties?

With more BT casts, you'll see more Rage too, meaning more stacks. Longer bosses will likely help too, yes.

5. Where do I stand dps wise, do you think with gear I'm good enough for hero? I used to tank last time I raided, so this is all a little new.

You can do it, for sure, but I'd recommend trying to grab a few upgrades before you try to pug. Get your weapons to a higher item level, especially.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PandaEyes said:

Thanks a lot, Blainie! I may check back here in a couple weeks and see how far I've gone. :D

No problem, good luck :)