FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jatuu

Titan's Thunder/BW Timing

I read the guide recently, and I am still confused as to the wording of when to use Titan's Thunder. It says "use when Beastial Wrath" is available. Does this mean I do not use it at any other time?  So, I sit on it until a BW is available?

Also, and unrelated---I do dump all focus during BW, yes? Since I am using AotB, I assume that means I spam CS and use DB/KC on CD during this. I ask only because the guide says to cast CS when over 90 focus. I find myself sitting around doing nothing most of the time.

I use Titan's Thunder on CD unless BW is within 3 seconds of being ready. You definitely want at least 1 dire beast out too. If you are using AotB you will indeed want to use some cobra shots outside of the "when over 90 focus" rule but make sure you always have enough to cast KC on CD and crows if it is about to be available. 

Depends on several things, but the most important is how much time you spend out of Bestial Wrath.

So let's say you have an uptime of 50%, which is reasonable, mine is about 53%, and from logs I do spend 15 seconds or less between Bestial Wraths, which makes sense, save a few exception when I get low procs. 15 seconds is 25% of the cooldown of Titan's Thunder (60 seconds), so that means you lose 25% of its damage if you waited 15 seconds, but Bestial Wrath does about 35% increased damage (varies slightly with relics), plus Tier bonuses (T19 2-piece or T20 2-piece), assuming you're not using Bestial Fury (or get it from the legendary ring), then it's about 50% plus Tier bonuses. A much higher bonus than the amount of damage lost by waiting.

So, if your uptime of Bestial Wrath is high (and it should, or go get more crit) then you should always wait to cast Titan's Thunder until Bestial Wrath is up. Even the longest wait is worth it. The average waiting time is probably much lower than 15 seconds.

As for Cobra Shot, you don't need to wait until 90 focus to use it, that's just a way to simplify the rotation that ensures you always have focus for Kill Command and a large pool of focus for Bestial Wrath, but it's easy to cap focus if you wait so much. I prefer to keep it around 60. And yes, spend all the focus during Bestial Wrath.

Edited by Khallid

I’d like to add on to the question about using Titan’s Thunder. 

Does it matter if you pop it right before or after you activate Bestial Wrath?

If you activate it a second or two right before, will BW bump up the damage on it? 

4 hours ago, DrakanFire said:

I’d like to add on to the question about using Titan’s Thunder. 

Does it matter if you pop it right before or after you activate Bestial Wrath?

If you activate it a second or two right before, will BW bump up the damage on it? 

Doesn't matter. Titan's Thunder lasts only 8 seconds so you can drop it halfway through Bestial Wrath. If you pop it before it will get the buff once Bestial Wrath is activated. The only thing to worry about it to cast Dire Beast before Titan's Thunder, as any Dire Beasts cast afterwards will not be affected.

• Like 1