FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hhras

Strength for feral druids?

Hello!

Long time reader/follower/lurker on the forums - finally got a question. I fear it's a pretty silly one but, well, I figure it's as good a place as any to ask.

Is Strength good for feral druids? One of my guildies has been playing his druid as his main since BC, and lately he's been on my case about getting Strength. He's saying it's as good as Agility, but that it'll give me more threat (I'm a bear btw).

Anyway, your thoughts?

Cheers

Your buddy is wrong. You never want to take Str gear over Agility. You should not find any leather with Str on it. The only items that you would have Str on it is trinkets, rings, neckless and robe. The only time you should see Str on a Feral is if they are bear and its on tanking rings and neckless.

Kittys love agility.

• Like 1

Strength is not a priority, a necessity, nor desired on any type of Druid. As a bear and as a kitty, you want Agility, and you never take Strength. Strength correlates to attack power only while Agility contributes to attack power, crit chance, and your chance to dodge. It's hard to be more straight-forward than this: don't take strength. Ever.

• Like 1

Riz and Zagam are both right. You really shouldn't be going for Strength as either a Bear or a Cat. The misconception spawns from the fact that a long time ago (long before Cataclysm), Strength used to be a somewhat viable statistic for Feral Druids. It's really not, anymore, and Agility should be your main focus in all areas of your gearing :)