FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
hellbenttexan

DPS Fine Tuning

Looking to get a little input as to where I may not quite be putting out my full potential. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qt8dZb2T4rHfNQJM

Also, I have gone away from using T20 for the most part. I have two different gear sets for Demonic: Leggo use for Single Target -  Delusions of GrandeurDelusions of Grandeur or Multi(AoE) Raddon's Cascading EyesRaddon's Cascading Eyes. About how many adds being hit makes Raddon's worth using, or should it only be used in M+ with large amounts of adds?

Appreciate any advice, thanks.

11 hours ago, hellbenttexan said:

That there is....sorry. Xralos.

Looking at Garothi kill:

• You waste your Fury a lot. You have no reason to be casting Death's Bite at max Fury. You wasted 200+ Fury just by casting it at the wrong time.
  • On the same topic as above, you are letting yourself get way too close to capping on Fury, meaning your refunds from Chaos Strike and overcapping you and wasting the resources they generate.
  • You missed a Nemesis cast because you delayed it for so long on the 2nd cast.
  • On the second smash, there is no reason for you to Rush after using Retreat. You are already a safe distance to just run, rather than waste the use of FR. You can instead double FR back into the fight.
  • In your opener, you have no reason to use Arcane Torrent. The 15 Fury it provides are useless for hitting that initial target of 30 Fury to pop Eye Beam, unless you get unlucky on your DB. In that case, you can use it immediately after your DB, since it's off the GCD. Using it on pull doesn't make much sense.

Hope this helps a bit.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Looking at Garothi kill:

• You waste your Fury a lot. You have no reason to be casting Death's Bite at max Fury. You wasted 200+ Fury just by casting it at the wrong time.
  • On the same topic as above, you are letting yourself get way too close to capping on Fury, meaning your refunds from Chaos Strike and overcapping you and wasting the resources they generate.
  • You missed a Nemesis cast because you delayed it for so long on the 2nd cast.
  • On the second smash, there is no reason for you to Rush after using Retreat. You are already a safe distance to just run, rather than waste the use of FR. You can instead double FR back into the fight.
  • In your opener, you have no reason to use Arcane Torrent. The 15 Fury it provides are useless for hitting that initial target of 30 Fury to pop Eye Beam, unless you get unlucky on your DB. In that case, you can use it immediately after your DB, since it's off the GCD. Using it on pull doesn't make much sense.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the input. I will work on what you have identified. You noted that I missed a Nemesis, are you saying I should be able to squeeze a second Nemesis in before Meta come off CD?

8 minutes ago, hellbenttexan said:

Thanks for the input. I will work on what you have identified. You noted that I missed a Nemesis, are you saying I should be able to squeeze a second Nemesis in before Meta come off CD?

Nemesis has a 2-minute cooldown. The fight ran for 4:18, meaning you could have had 18 additional seconds of it through a third use if you had used it earlier on your second use. Instead, you delayed it and missed the third use entirely.

Good feedback on your logs already given.

As far as your original question, when is Raddon's worth using and how many adds.   My take on it is this:   For me my DPS is so close between Raddons and Delusions that it does not matter and can come down to RNG.  If the fight is short enough that I need shoulders to fit in a second meta, that tiny bit of extra DPS means nothing for the fight, other than personal ego on logs.  And realistically, what made the shoulders *so* powerful with T20 was not so much the extra meta, but the metas always lining up with nemesis, chaos blades and 2nd Potion of the Old War.  Without chaos blades, and old war further capitalizing on that burst, they lose a lot of luster.

Personally, my preference is Raddon's on all fights, except for two.  Portal Keeper and Kin'Garoth.  For those I go shoulders.

Portal Keeper, depends on what your role is.  Going up?  Shoulders great, line up meta with each portal, knock down add faster.  Staying down?  Raddon's would be the clear win there.

Kin'Garoth?  Line up meta on each add phase.  Win.

That being said, Raddon's will only make sense if you capitalize on those 8 second meta windows, and can reduce Eye Beam CD enough to use it more.  Some of it comes down to gear, and some of that comes down to play.

Looking over some of your parses, it looks like for every Demon's Bite you do, you do around 1.5 - 1.75 Chaos Strikes/Annihilates.   Looking at other logs, other DH can hit 2.5 or more Chaos Strikes/Annihilates per Demon's Bite.  That is a lot more damage.

Some of that is gear, and a lot of crit.  It would be easy to say "Get more crit" but RNG being what RNG is, you just gotta go with the gear you can have and get.  That being said, with enough crit, Chaos Strike/Annihilate refunds a lot more fury, and during that 8 second meta after eye beam you can spam a lot of annihilates, and outside of the more chaos strikes for more souls to reset eye beam.

The non gear part of that is managing souls.  Full of fury?  Don't move so you don't pick them up.   Burn some fury and then move.  Eyebeam off CD?  Don't move.  Cast that Eyebeam, burn some fury, and them move to pick them up.

Whether or not you run shoulders or radeon's, managing those souls will improve DPS a good chunk either way.

Anyway, just my take on things, and why I prefer Raddon's over Shoulders for most fights.

• Like 2