FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
limiwinks

Resto druid 2 healing combinations

Hey I'm currently raiding normal SoO and our main healer is an excellent restoration druid. My question is what would be the best compliment to a resto druid for 2 healing? I have been rolling holy paladin but am finding it to be difficult on the highly mobile fights in SoO as well as falling way behind our resto druid for heals. I was thinking disc priest for the shields? Any suggestions?

Holy Paladin is an excellent complement to a Resto Druid. That's a pairing of an absorb healer with a HoT/throughput healer, which is ideal. The little absorbs from your Mastery add up and make the class behave a lot like a Disc Priest overall. Disc also has a similar issue of being pressured during heavy movement, so that would not be the way to solve this issue.

The question I would be asking is not whether I should reroll, but rather how I could do better as a Paladin.

I agree with paladin doing just fine with a resto druid, but at the same time, if you have the ability to easily change to disc priest (as in one already similarly geared not very far behind) it can provide a little bit more utility and overall damage reduction than a paladin in a 10 man.  

Disc can tank heal just as well as a paladin and also has the option of going Holy for specific fights like Malkorok.

I'm not advocating that you should switch to disc, Paladin will work jsut as well, but you do need to see both sides of the argument and make your decision from there.

IMO, if you don't have a geared enough disc priest then just stick with paladin and learn to work it better.

• Like 1