FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hylas1943

Frost mage tier 20 worth keeping?

I just recently changed my gears to be 4 pieces tier 21 and 2 pieces tier 20. This leads to me dropping the legendary head which was the best I've got.

I have pieces that are 30+ ilvl better than the tier 20 pieces, is it still worth it to keep the tier 20 pieces?

Here's some log https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WRT3dcYBJrh2VKpn#fight=6

I'm Sylvanidas in game.

I think I seriously need some DPS help

Edited by Hylas1943

Just checked your stats and immediately saw a BIIIIG problem statwise. You should be around 33% crit to have every Ice Lance being a guaranteed critical strike with FoF or Flurry procs, you have 17% which is ridiculously low tbh.

Other than that you got some moments in the fights were you arent casting anything. Gotta keep up with the ABC (Always Be Casting), if you cant hardcast anything and have no procs just use Ice Lance, low damage is better than no damage.

Other than that to see if its worth keeping for you vs using higher ilvl pieces just sim yourself.

Raidbots is a fantastic tool and very easy to use, or you could use SimulationCraft aswell :)

• Like 1

You need to make sure you shatter your instant Flurry casts both before and after. Hardcast a Frostbolt/Ebonbolt before sending the Flurry and follow it with an Ice Lance straight after the Flurry is cast. You miss shatters on both sides on a fair few fights.

Also, never overwrite Brain Freeze procs. It's a huge DPS loss. If you have a BF proc, don't use another Frostbolt/Ebonbolt unless you are going to use Flurry straight after you cast them.

• Like 1