FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hunterdrizzt

Advice on improving BM dps

Hi,

I'm currently getting mostly good results on a lot of fights ((between 1.5 and 1.7m dps) with the exception of coven where i have real trouble staying alive). In the interests of always improving, is there anything I can be doing better? And is there any advice for actually surviving to the end of the Coven fight? It seems like whenever I get targeted for the Fulminating Pulse mechanic without AoTT available I just die.

I also have a question about dire beast usage - should I be casting dire beast during BW, or just spamming killer cobra? Currently I just fling out beasts if it comes off cd or i get procs.

My WcL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/13743279

Thanks muchly.

Prydaz, Prydaz, oh, and Prydaz! 

If you're dying a lot, drop your dps by a couple of K and swap to Prydaz, it's a massive stat-stick and the shield is invaluable.

If you think you're dying a lot to one mechanic, look at what else happens during the entire duration of the debuff on you; if you're taking additional damage, i.e. storm, then you need to get out of the bad.

If you're just flat out not receiving any heals, talk to your healing officer or healers and say "I've noticed that myself and a few other dps tend to die more often due to X mechanic, can this be something you guys focus on more to ensure we keep as much dps up as possible"?

In terms of dps, yes, chuck out your beasts whenever they're off CD, you want to reduce as much time off BW as possible, missing one or two CS/KC in one BW window isn't going to make a big difference, but if you waste a proc, or even two, of Dire Beasts then you're minimising your BW uptime, which in turn lowers your overall dps.

6 hours ago, Hunterdrizzt said:

It seems like whenever I get targeted for the Fulminating Pulse mechanic without AoTT available I just die.

Exhilaration and Healthstone are both strong enough to save you once each, and Exhilaration will come off cooldown again before the fight ends.

Fulminating Pulse deals a lot of damage fast and targets several people at once, so healers may not be able to heal everyone, especially if it overlaps with other mechanics. So you need to be ready to use your own defensive cooldowns before you die. Don't use them on anything else in this fight, since all the other deadly abilities can be dodged (except maybe Aman'thul's torment).

Prydaz can help but really it won't save you as consistently as using your defensive cooldowns on point. Basically Prydaz's shield is always taking damage and it may or may not be up when Fulminating Pulse hits you, but you can control when to use your healing cooldowns.

If your group doesn't have a warlock then stock on Astral Healing Potions, but the Healthstone is considerably better.

You might get more uses of Aspect of the Turtle if you wear Call of the Wild, which reduces its cooldown from 3 minutes to 2.

After that then blame the healers, or put more healers in your group.

On 1/7/2018 at 8:52 AM, Hunterdrizzt said:

Thanks. Ive got a ilvl 1000 prydaz that I use on that fight. And I'm an alchemist with access to unlimited health potions :)

I use Prydaz and Call of the Wild on Coven.  Especially on Heroic.