FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
crotvhthrust

need help to improve my dps

I'm looking at Iron Jugg since that is a single target fight.

Bomb uptime is pretty solid 87%+ is not too shabby at all. Shoot for over 90.

But when we go to the 2nd log and take a look at a boss you aren't comfortable with, such a garrosh, your uptime drops to below 65% on your longest attempt (10:23).

Obviously as you get more comfortable your uptimes will increase.  But I'm assuming this is actually the boss you want help on since everything else seems to be decently under control.

Your uptime on invokers energy is suspiciously high for your lower uptime on Living Bomb.  Are you clipping your envokers and essentially wasting 2-3 seconds of the buff each time? Or are you finding down time on Garrosh which allows you to reset it.  Other than right before dream phases I can't think of a good time to clip it.

Looking at Klaxxi and Garrosh logs though I would say the most glaring problem for you guys is not dps, but your resto druid is lagging quite far behind, and in a 2 heal scenario should be keeping up a bit better.  Our discipline priest owns the meters too, but our Restodruid and/or MWmonk definitely don't get beaten by the tanks unless it is FARM farm boss where the disc is basically solo healing.  Just something to take back to raid management :)

its true im clipping my invokers before it runs out to make sure im not casting a single spell without the buff. just starting playing mage again in 5.3 havent played since cata.

you saying i shoudnt refresh invokers until the buff actually had run out?

i was feeling bomb is a problem on some fights too, like garrosh we havent had much experience so im spending a little extra time watching mechanics than dps'ing

wondering if i shoud prioritise casting bomb on 3 target more but just fells wrong when i have my rotation and procs rolling.?

Yes, for invokers energy you want to utilize the full benefit of it before recasting, think of it this way:

If you clip your invokers by when there are 5 seconds left in the timer every time, you have nerfed its benefit and the number of casts you can get off in a given fight by quite a bit.

As for bombs, on Garrosh, I don't multidot, thats scumbagging your dps for sure, those adds will die to passive cleave/Iron star.  But on fights such as Dark Shaman or Protectors, bombs are a huge part of your dps, high end frost mages with high haste cheese bomb damage by snapshotting, (On Mmo-champ you can see Akaren's guide) But for every spec of mage, bomb damage is a huge contributor and you should be taking full advantage if the target will live a while and needs to die, dot it.

In addition, with a billion procs rolling is quite the ideal time to have a bunch of bombs up, I play mostly arcane these days so I don't have things like FoF I would be missing out on while an Orb was up, so for that priority you may want to differ to the guide I mentioned.  But outside of having frozen orb, the bombs you place snapshot your current stats including haste/int procs which means, more procs/stronger bombs/more dps.

thx for the answers its all been noted...

will start hc progress in soo today, gonna work on some of the stuff and post a log tomorrow again smile.png

Edited by crotvhthrust