FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dooly

low dmg bm hunter needs help

Hello all,

my name is røtter and iam playing an ally Beast Master Hunter on Aegwynn. Iam a very casual Player and i know, that out there many better BM Hunter players then me. To this Players: "I need your help".

First of all: I read all these topics here in the forum and i realize, that many players are screaming for a buff, but in my situation iam pretty sure, that iam lack on dmg because its my own mistake. I am sure i could do much more dmg when i just know what iam doing wrong.

I am always on the bottom of the damage meter which makes me a bit sad. There is not one single encounter i am under the Top 5 of details! To help the raid, to have a chance to raid mythic in the future and to have a better contribution in WoW my goal is to improve that situation. If you can see any major mistakes please let me know what i should do better and i try to learn it.

So now the facts:

Arsenal

https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/character/aegwynn/røtter

Stats

Crit: 6776 (27%)
Haste: 10722 (30%)
Mastery: 10972 (80%)
Versatility: 2628 (6%)

Skills:

15: Way of the Cobra (Beast Mastery Hunter)
30: Dire Frenzy (Beast Mastery Hunter)
45: Posthaste
60: One with the Pack (Beast Mastery Hunter)
75: Binding Shot
90: Volley
100: Killer Cobra (Beast Mastery Hunter)

1. Iam using the tool simulationcraft (current version 7.3.0-02) to see my damage potential and getting out a pawn string which helps me with my item decisions.
The result of simcraft is:
Røtter : 1268136 dps (Single Target DPS / Patchwork style)
Ranking    Mastery > Crit > Vers ~= Agi > Haste
Pawn string    ( Pawn: v1: "Røtter-BeastMastery": Class=Hunter, Spec=BeastMastery, Agility=24.51, CritRating=28.05, HasteRating=23.08, MasteryRating=34.29, Versatility=24.87 )
When i compare this result with a guide from icy-veins there is a difference. Simcraft says, that mastery is my mainstat and icy-veins says, that crit and haste are more important.
What should i trust?

2. Here are some better logs (from my opinion):
prefix for logs: w a r c r a f t l o g s . c o m
Kin'garoth HC overview: /reports/jRtv1XrT2mQAbVHh#fight=18&type=damage-done
Kin'garoth HC my own logs: /reports/jRtv1XrT2mQAbVHh#fight=18&type=damage-done&source=3

Varimatrhras HC overview: /reports/jRtv1XrT2mQAbVHh#fight=23&type=damage-done
Varimathras HC my own logs: /reports/jRtv1XrT2mQAbVHh#fight=23&type=damage-done&source=3

Shivarra HC overview: /reports/jRtv1XrT2mQAbVHh#fight=28&type=damage-done
Shivarra HC my own logs: /reports/jRtv1XrT2mQAbVHh#fight=28&type=damage-done&source=3

All the logs has the same result, iam at the bottom of the damage meter and i dont know why. Please let me know if you can see why. And dont be afraid to be hard to me. When iam doing many failures its ok to let me know.....what counts is, that i have enough information to have the possibility to improve my self.

best regards

røtter - aegwynn

Firstly, your dps isnt terrible, the rest of your guild look pretty decent though which might be why youre near the bottom.

Volley is an AoE talent, you shouldnt use it on single target fights. Murder of crows is much better for single target.

You have a lot of versatility as well. In general its the worst dps stat for BM, try swapping it for crit. In terms of your gear the T21 helmet and chest are not great, you should go for cloak/shoulders/legs/gloves and go for offpieces in the helm and chest slots.

That version of simcraft you quoted looks old as well, try using raidbots.com instead.

And yes, your personal sims will be more accurate than the guide.

My advice, just go over to raidbots.com, use the talent and gear compare functions and find a build that suits you best - all your logs show a complete mix and match of legendaries and talents, which are never really optimised for one thing or another. The above comment made some good comments about gear choices - it's not the same as it was at the beginning of the expac where BM was agi>all, you really need to be getting the right secondary stats now.

I can definitely understand not being very lucky with drops, but M+ is always a viable option for, that especially at your ilvl.

• Like 1

I recommend putting your logs into wowanalyzer.com, it gives you some detailed information of what things you did wrong and you can spend a lot of time on your own figuring out how to improve with it. The biggest issue it says on your Varimathra log is that you're wasting Killer Cobra resets.

There's another BM hunter in your group doing more dps, have you tried asking him for advice?

Overall, I'd say the biggest issue is the talent/legendary combination you're using.

-Qa'pla wastes Killer Cobra effect so it should be used with Aspect of the Beast, or dropped for a different legendary.

-Qa'pla also doesn't work well with Dire Frenzy, because when using Dire Frenzy you're supposed to maintain the Haste buff stacks, which will make you waste Kill Command resets. Otherwise you will not maintain the stacks properly if you just hit Dire Frenzy as soon as it is ready.

-Dire Frenzy doesn't work all that well with One With the Pack in my experience. I've always gotten better results with Dire Frenzy + Blink Strikes instead, but maybe that's just me. The sims say it's fine.

So my advice is that you either switch to Stomp + Aspect of the Beast, or drop Qa'pla. Apex ring, Roar belt and Parsel chest are good legendary options for the Dire Frenzy T21 build.

Also try to switch Tier pieces like Hunterdrizzt suggested.

Edited by Khallid

I was in your shoes.   

All of the advice above is really good. 

Here's what I figured out:  If you look at your wowanalyzer.com  (I only used checkmywow.com, which is now defunct) and see how many cobra shot/kill command combos you're  getting per bestial wrath.  If you're getting 4-6 pretty regularly, then good for you.  If you're not, then you need to figure out how to get more (and lord knows I tried), or try a different build.  Also, you should be getting almost all of your kill commands.

I wasn't, and I've been playing the Zoo build since the fall with AOTB at the 110 talent and have been very happy with it.  I'm parsing epic for perfection regularly, but not as good for ilvl.  Which is a hell of a lot better than the grey parses I was getting 8 months ago.

Just try to use the right leggos with the right talents.  Qa'pla is bad for Killer Cobra.

As a general question: to those using Killer Cobra, during Bestial Wrath in a multi-target fight, do you weave in a multi-shot or two to get some beast cleave?  I always focused on trying to get the most Cobra Shots/Kill Commands, that I forgot about MS and it's beast cleave.

/Snow

Edited by Eyeroll

1 hour ago, Eyeroll said:

As a general question: to those using Killer Cobra, during Bestial Wrath in a multi-target fight, do you weave in a multi-shot or two to get some beast cleave?  I always focused on trying to get the most Cobra Shots/Kill Commands, that I forgot about MS and it's beast cleave.

Yes, but not just "now and then"; it's every 4 seconds until the adds die. Killer Cobra is effectively a worthless talent for AoE and you should switch talents for heavy AoE fights or Mythic+. Cleaving will result in more damage than not cleaving, unless it's only two targets. You should only cleave on three or more targets.

There is some niche utility in not cleaving if the rest of your group can handle the adds easily, which can be better for the group overall, but your personal parses are likely to suffer.

• Like 1