FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bobbis

Halp meh Obi Liquid, you mah only hope - Another dps help q

Hi All,

Generally I've been doing ok / well in AtBT, but Varithramas just seems to be a pain in my backside. I have a few logs below from norm and hc, and I'm just not happy with it. Latest one, I had good agony uptime, Corruption would be similar as same casts (aware of a possible clipping issue there maybe as Corruption refreshes before agony). Using wrists and had near 80% uptime on them too. Just not making sense. I have old and new 2 set, no option for 4 set for new, but have 955 argus gloves, and 945 Soul-siphon Mantle in bags. Ring and trinket choice is a little limited but do have all the Aff legendaries to go with.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/turalyon/legendaryone

Norm and hc inc https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DWVcpPJ67jab8wK2

Norm: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pF76zvHyjCbV2JQY#fight=3

hc https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PVdnJCfjX49Aqxz1#fight=last

Any help or insights would be appreciated. Garothi I can do 1.7-2M dps, on this stand still and mess him up fight, 1.5M...

Edited by Bobbis

2 hours ago, Bobbis said:

Any help or insights would be appreciated. Garothi I can do 1.7-2M dps, on this stand still and mess him up fight, 1.5M...

Just general info off the top of my head -

• Garothi has  short window where you'll benefit from wrath of consumption, Vari has none.
  • Garothi is a longer fight, so you're more likely to get two casts of soul harvest in
  • Streten's isn't going to do you all that much good on single target - what are your other lego options?
  • I'd try to shift a few % from mastery/crit over to haste if possible

I have old and new 2 set, no option for 4 set for new

How strong are your T20 2p set and your T21 2p set? Because your low dps may linked to the loss of the T20 4p set. For example, I, as ele shaman, was suggested to wait until the full T21 4p set before getting rid of my t20 4p set, since both T20 2p set and T21 2p set together aren't as strong as T20 4p set were (and my BiS legendary are gloves, which makes me so sad sometimes).
If you didn't trash your T20 4p set yet I suggest you to ask your guild some patience while trying out during Vari to figure out if it's really linked to the loss of the T20 4p set

Thanks both

shall try mixing around, AMR sims give me as belt / wrists as best performing lego's as my other gear is a high ilvl, hence using wrist. 

this is a personal "I should be doing more, why aren't I?!?!", guilds happy, I'm usually top / top 3 dps, and on him I was 2nd behind a brilliant frost DK, Will try going back to t20 4 set, t21 2 set mix until I can get the t21 4 set mind, just a big iLVL drop, and not sure the 4 set proc is worth that, hence swapping out.

Thanks both

shall try mixing around, AMR sims give me as belt / wrists as best performing lego's as my other gear is a high ilvl, hence using wrist. 

this is a personal "I should be doing more, why aren't I?!?!", guilds happy, I'm usually top / top 3 dps, and on him I was 2nd behind a brilliant frost DK, Will try going back to t20 4 set, t21 2 set mix until I can get the t21 4 set mind, just a big iLVL drop, and not sure the 4 set proc is worth that, hence swapping out.

I'd say go back to an old log and see what % of the time you had the 4pc proc up - you might be surprised at just how often it goes off. 

Also, belt/class ring is a very strong combination - I'd run that over ring/wrist or belt/wrist most of the time.

Edited by MrEdren

I'd suggest to drop the wrists and use Prydaz/Belt/Sephuz depending on what sims better for you.

Then if you still want to play with MG you need to do clear drain cycles and not the UA uptime thing you are doing at the moment. Or give WiA a whirl, it's pretty close with T21. 

Oh I would suggest to use Raidbots top gear sim over AMR though.

Edited by spikeysquad

Never used raidbots before, will give it a go, thank you :)

when I had the 4 set, uptime was around 25-30%, will give that another go too.

thanks both :)