FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nabhalem

Spirit barrage with Zunimassa pet dmg% ???

Have anyone else tried Zunimassa  5500% pet dmg bonus on Spirit Barrage (Phantasm) ?   

Does it work with this setup? and Why it would not work since Phantasms count as pets since last patch?

It would be alot more durable build with all the pets and alot more powerfull in my mind, since the 5500% alone from Zunimassa set is insane, compared to 1300% from LoN set (old build that is still viable).

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/97411-zunimassa-spirit-barrage-tryout

Any thoughts?

Edited by Nabhalem
added link to build

19 hours ago, Nabhalem said:

Does it work with this setup? and Why it would not work since Phantasms count as pets since last patch?

It's a good question, I was looking it over myself and trying to see any weak spots in the variation but looks like it "should" be possible?

You wouldn't be much more durable though since the LoN not just offer damage but also damage reduction so I think they would be fairly equal glass-cannons.

With Mask of JeramMask of Jeram, Ring of Royal GrandeurRing of Royal GrandeurSacred HarvesterSacred Harvester in the cube you can fit Gazing DemiseGazing Demise in the offhand still as well.

Then Ring of EmptinessRing of Emptiness with The Compass RoseThe Compass RoseThe Traveler's PledgeThe Traveler's Pledge set with it then the rest kind of solves itself and I don't really see any hinderence in it.

1 minute ago, Arkpit said:

It's a good question, I was looking it over myself and trying to see any weak spots in the variation but looks like it "should" be possible?

You wouldn't be much more durable though since the LoN not just offer damage but also damage reduction so I think they would be fairly equal glass-cannons.

With Mask of JeramMask of Jeram, Ring of Royal GrandeurRing of Royal GrandeurSacred HarvesterSacred Harvester in the cube you can fit Gazing DemiseGazing Demise in the offhand still as well.

Then Ring of EmptinessRing of Emptiness with The Compass RoseThe Compass RoseThe Traveler's PledgeThe Traveler's Pledge set with it then the rest kind of solves itself and I don't really see any hinderence in it.

Thanks man!

I have run almost exactly this build now, and its seeming to work! atleast in someway. 

cleared gr65 for starters and probably would be able to do higher with no problems!

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nabhalem-2888/hero/101135836

Giving it a second look there are some things to consider.

Your survivability actually goes down due to Aquila CuirassAquila Cuirass being removed from the build as well as the The Traveler's PledgeThe Traveler's Pledge makes you lose a passive of your choice so while the damage output might be increasing, I would not recommend the variation for Hardcore :)

Even more so is that you lose fetishes which is your set dmg reduction as there is no way to fit Belt of TranscendenceBelt of Transcendence or the Fetish ArmyFetish Army for fetishes leaving you even more vulnerable which is probably why it isn't a thing. You would not survive a hit from anything in a GR90 at all.

Given the above you would never have time to be stationary which is ofc a problem given that Spirit BarrageSpirit Barrage is a channel and you would want Mantle of ChannelingMantle of Channeling for additional sustain but it wouldn't be enough.

11 minutes ago, Arkpit said:

Giving it a second look there are some things to consider.

Your survivability actually goes down due to Aquila CuirassAquila Cuirass being removed from the build as well as the The Traveler's PledgeThe Traveler's Pledge makes you lose a passive of your choice so while the damage output might be increasing, I would not recommend the variation for Hardcore :)

Even more so is that you lose fetishes which is your set dmg reduction as there is no way to fit Belt of TranscendenceBelt of Transcendence or the Fetish ArmyFetish Army for fetishes leaving you even more vulnerable which is probably why it isn't a thing. You would not survive a hit from anything in a GR90 at all.

Given the above you would never have time to be stationary which is ofc a problem given that Spirit BarrageSpirit Barrage is a channel and you would want Mantle of ChannelingMantle of Channeling for additional sustain but it wouldn't be enough.

Thanks again!

i have Belt of TranscendenceBelt of Transcendence + Fetish Army  on my setup, since i did not take any CC skill like Piranhado .. maybe i need to change something and try to get rid of fetish army skill. noticed also that there is a huge lack in toughness. thats for sure.. 

And i must say that i really thought Spirit Barrage would NOT be a channeled skill, because atleast for me - Mantle of ChannelingMantle of Channeling did not work before.  I need to try again :D

(( EDIT ON THAT Mantle of Channeling -->  it says on the item itself , that it effects only other channel skills. not Spirit barrage.. :(((((  )

Edited by Nabhalem

40 minutes ago, Nabhalem said:

it says on the item itself , that it effects only other channel skills.

Yep my bad on the mantle, it is also an additional negative side to the variation since you'll be lacking more of what you need.

You really cannot afford Fetish ArmyFetish Army instead of PiranhasPiranhasPiranhadoPiranhado because the PhantasmPhantasm are stationary and very small range aoe so you need to group up things or the build kind of falls apart.

Also Belt of TranscendenceBelt of Transcendence vs. The Witching HourThe Witching Hour is another dps loss for survivability but you do lose 50% CHD and AS.