Jump to content
FORUMS
Stan

Are Mal'Ganis & Belial Coming Soon?

Recommended Posts

NknAp89.jpg

An anonymous 4chan leak from December 12 correctly predicted Firebat's release date, and what's more important, it listed two other Heroes that should be released in the near future. The first one's Mal'Ganis from Warcraft and the second one is the Lord of Lies from Diablo.

Note: Blaze went live on January 9 and the leak was posted back in December.

Mal'Ganis is described as a Bruiser that is heavily reliant on constant heals during fights. We know from World of Warcraft that dreadlords have iconic abilities like Carrion SwarmCarrion SwarmSlumber FogSlumber Fog or Vampiric CleaveVampiric Cleave. With the introduction of Ana's Sleep DartSleep Dart, it's safe to assume that Mal'Ganis may have a similar ability that will put enemies to sleep as long as they are not attacked. The Hero should hit PTR on January 23.

Belial is supposed to be a Diablo Specialist with an ability to cloak allies and a mechanic similar to Abathur's SymbioteSymbiote, functioning as a global teleport.

According to the list of Heroes by release date, Malthael was the last Diablo Hero that went live on June 13, 2017, so a Diablo Hero would make perfect sense.

ZYh8s0Q.jpg

(Source)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the WC3 Dreadlord abilities were Carrion Swarm, Sleep, Vampiric Aura (Vampiric Cleave, without the actual cleave) and Inferno.

Edited by Leadblast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He wasn't wrong so far. Even Yonman on youtube talked about this. And judging by his video, we'll get Velen, Winston and many more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pls man! I'm tired of getting these much modern heroes and skins from ow n SC... I just need 1 from Diablo..long time they didn't release one from it..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SMOrcMan said:

mal ganis feels like illidan according to the leak

Did u ever played warcraft 3? O-O

of course they aren't n won't be! Mal wont be a finisher hero he'll be damage dealer or anything but not same role with Illidan. .. the only same thing between them can be do basic attacks to heal yourself:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belial sounds like he could be pretty fun if he works like it sounds like.

I'm guessing he's more of an ethereal form where he can link to allies to give benefits till he reaches either a timer, trait collection threshold or a lvl 10 ULT and can then possess a body to burst forth from them for a short time with a physical form to attack with before going back into a more ethereal/stealthy form again. 

Seeing as Abby's is an ULT based thing for making clones or monsters from things, I'd guess Belial's will rather be more of a Trait based one to make himself from things. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually do not care which universe the hero comes from as long as he/she is fun to play and well designed :-)

Edited by Caeren
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CyberDVonaven said:

Belial sounds like he could be pretty fun if he works like it sounds like.

I'm guessing he's more of an ethereal form where he can link to allies to give benefits till he reaches either a timer, trait collection threshold or a lvl 10 ULT and can then possess a body to burst forth from them for a short time with a physical form to attack with before going back into a more ethereal/stealthy form again. 

Seeing as Abby's is an ULT based thing for making clones or monsters from things, I'd guess Belial's will rather be more of a Trait based one to make himself from things. 

Given that he is the Lord of Lies, I can only assume he'll also have some way to make illusions or other forms of elusiveness in order to confuse his opponents. I wouldn't be surprised if he has an Heroic that allows him to "manipulate" enemy Heroes akin to Sylvanas' Mind ControlMind Control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Caeren said:

I actually do not care which universe the hero comes from as long as he/she is fun to play and well designed :-)

Me niether. Im actually not a fun of WoW or OW but i was excited about Alexstrasza even in september cuz i expected her to be a special kind of support. Im also having a lot of fun with Junkrat, Ana and Hanzo. 

20 hours ago, Stan said:

Belial is supposed to be a Diablo Specialist with an ability to cloak allies and a mechanic similar to Abathur's SymbioteSymbiote, functioning as a global teleport.

Seems like this will be another insta-buy i just love unusuall heroes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, xevex said:

Seems like this will be another insta-buy i just love unusuall heroes. 

Yeah Xevex, totally agreed - the weirdest / less typical hero the better. In one of the interviews with Devs here they mentioned that they aim to have each upcoming hero unique in his/her own way, which I totally agree with.

I also love all those "crazy" mechanics, i.e. displacement (Artanis / Garrosh / Stiches); basically, anything that is not a simple attack-or-spam-spells-all-the-time characters. Not that Raynor is not needed (or fun), but I do enjoy the novelty and some depth / refreshment from such moves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VegaPl said:

Yeah Xevex, totally agreed - the weirdest / less typical hero the better. In one of the interviews with Devs here they mentioned that they aim to have each upcoming hero unique in his/her own way, which I totally agree with.

I also love all those "crazy" mechanics, i.e. displacement (Artanis / Garrosh / Stiches); basically, anything that is not a simple attack-or-spam-spells-all-the-time characters. Not that Raynor is not needed (or fun), but I do enjoy the novelty and some depth / refreshment from such moves.

Indeed and it seems like they continue to release heros with much higher skillcaps which im also happy about because i just hate heroes like Butcher, Varian, Li Ming which are basically "No risk, high reward" for nothing. Imo if a heroes is capable of dealing out significantly more dmg then other heroes he/she should be hard to play and hard to master just like Chromie, Kelthuzad or Alarak for example.

Edited by xevex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very, very hyped for Mal'Ganis, hope the leak is true.

I kinda hope they kept the Infernal drop, it was honestly one of my favorite abilites in Warcraft 3.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mal'Ganis? Really? I can't believe they didn't chose Tichondrius to be the "DREADLORD HERO" since, you know, he is the most ICONIC of the bunch and the most involved in different events. I even forgot about Mal'Ganis existence tbh lol Sad thing they probably won't make ANOTHER dreadlord hero after this one since they'd be essentially the same.

Edited by Lambdadelta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

Mal'Ganis? Really? I can't believe they didn't chose Tichondrius to be the "DREADLORD HERO" since, you know, he is the most ICONIC of the bunch and the most involved in different events. I even forgot about Mal'Ganis existence tbh lol Sad thing they probably won't make ANOTHER dreadlord hero after this one since they'd be essentially the same.

Dreadlords look like the same, pretty much, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Mal'ganis having an alternate color that references Tichondrius.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.01.2018 at 12:17 AM, xevex said:

Imo if a heroes is capable of dealing out significantly more dmg then other heroes he/she should be hard to play and hard to master just like Chromie, Kelthuzad or Alarak for example.

I like Alarak, even though my winrates are abysmal. It's just that the hero has so much potential I can see, even though I can't play him. Hopefully not yet ;)

 

 

On 13.01.2018 at 12:53 AM, Aglommon said:

I kinda hope they kept the Infernal drop, it was honestly one of my favorite abilites in Warcraft 3.

As soon as I saw the headline of this article I thought about the abilities from W3 and their possible conversion to HotS. Infernal certainly sounds like an appealing heroic -> 0.5s stun on impact, some dmg, then the infernal itself working like Jaina's elemental or Ultralisk (immolation at lvl 20?). Not sure about the rest, though. Carrion swarm seems suitable, but Vamp Aura would be difficult to balance, I believe, unless it's not an aura, but personal trait, quite similar to Illidan then. Sleep for some duration would not be bad too, as it works for Ana somehow, doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blegh, I just really want them to hurry up and announce Imperius or Diablo 2 druid. Hopefully they'll be one of the next heroes announced. Pretty stoked about Belial, I'm curious as to how they'll animate him considering his "true" form is stationary in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suchaloser said:

Blegh, I just really want them to hurry up and announce Imperius or Diablo 2 druid. Hopefully they'll be one of the next heroes announced. Pretty stoked about Belial, I'm curious as to how they'll animate him considering his "true" form is stationary in the game.

Well, his "true" form is nothing more than an illusion. It'll be pretty neat if one of his Heroics makes him transform into his colossal form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Valhalen said:

 It'll be pretty neat if one of his Heroics makes him transform into his colossal form.

I was talking about the colossal form. He specifically says that's his true form (even though he could have been lying about that, too)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, suchaloser said:

I was talking about the colossal form. He specifically says that's his true form (even though he could have been lying about that, too)

I'm pretty sure it's a lie, since the entire battlefield is reverted to normal after you defeat his colossal form. So maybe it is a way to say that the final battle (phase) with Belial takes place inside the Nephalem's mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, Lambdadelta said:

Mal'Ganis? Really? I can't believe they didn't chose Tichondrius to be the "DREADLORD HERO" since, you know, he is the most ICONIC of the bunch and the most involved in different events. I even forgot about Mal'Ganis existence tbh lol Sad thing they probably won't make ANOTHER dreadlord hero after this one since they'd be essentially the same.

Malganis was behind the plague against the alliance and was Arthas's drive to take up Frostmorne and let's face it.  Without Arthas there would be no Wrath of the LichKing.  I kinda want an interaction between Malganis and Uther.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fayte said:

Malganis was behind the plague against the alliance and was Arthas's drive to take up Frostmorne and let's face it.  Without Arthas there would be no Wrath of the LichKing.  I kinda want an interaction between Malganis and Uther.  

Not only that, Mal'ganis can be met in WoW at the Culling of Stratholme 5-man dungeon, which in my opinion makes him more popular than Tichondrius as he got more "screentime".

Edited by Valhalen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      The ongoing Ranked Play Season in Heroes of the Storm has been extended by 7 days.
      Blizzard has extended the current Ranked Play Season for the second time in a row. The new end date is July 12, 2022. The Season was already extended from July 1 to July 5, 2022.

      The current Season is the longest in the history of the game. It started on December 7, 2021.
    • By Stan
      The free Hero rotation has been updated for the week of June 28.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: June 28, 2022
      The following Heroes are free to play in Heroes of the Storm this week:

      Azmodan Brightwing Jaina Kel'Thuzad Medivh Muradin Nazeebo Raynor Rehgar Rexxar Samuro  Sonya Uther Valeera   Source: The Nexus Compendium
    • By Stan
      The ongoing Ranked Play Season in Heroes of the Storm has been silently extended.
      The end date was set to Friday, July 1, 2022. However, it's been extended by 4 days with the new ending date being July 5, 2022.

      We don't know at this time if there are any Heroes of the Storm updates planned for the near future. The previous Ranked Play Season was extended multiple times.
    • By Stan
      The free Hero rotation has been updated today. Check out the Heroes that are currently available for play!
      Free Hero Rotation: Week of June 21, 2022
      The following Heroes are free to play in the game this week:
      Artanis Chromie Diablo E.T.C. Hanzo Kael'thas Kerrigan Kharazim Leoric Li Li The Butcher Tyrael Whitemane Zagara Source: The Nexus Compendium
    • By Stan
      The free Hero rotation has been updated for the week of June 14.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: Week of June 14
      The following Heroes are free to play this week:

      Anduin Dehaka D.Va Gazlowe Gul'dan Johanna Lunara Malfurion Orphea Stitches Sylvanas Thrall Valla Yrel Source: The Nexus Compendium
×
×
  • Create New...