FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Afflijean

A question that I still can't answer

Hi fellow warlocks,

I have been playing my affliction warlock for more than 200 hours and there is still this question that haunt my dreams at night.

I have been trying my best to DPS as much as I can but I always ended up in the "low tier' of DPS in the raid. I've been asking around to my friends, comparing my logs to some great warlocks and still can't find the answer.

This is why I ask you guys to help me understand this issue, give me a few advices.

I link here a combat facing the antorean high command where i've tried my best : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/27560530/17#difficulty=4&class=Warlock&spec=Affliction&metric=dps&boss=2070

Here is my armory with my current stuff: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/illidan/afflijean

I thank you in advance for your attention and wish you all a good game !

3 hours ago, Afflijean said:

Hi fellow warlocks,

I have been playing my affliction warlock for more than 200 hours and there is still this question that haunt my dreams at night.

I have been trying my best to DPS as much as I can but I always ended up in the "low tier' of DPS in the raid. I've been asking around to my friends, comparing my logs to some great warlocks and still can't find the answer.

This is why I ask you guys to help me understand this issue, give me a few advices.

I link here a combat facing the antorean high command where i've tried my best : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/27560530/17#difficulty=4&class=Warlock&spec=Affliction&metric=dps&boss=2070

Here is my armory with my current stuff: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/illidan/afflijean

I thank you in advance for your attention and wish you all a good game !

The issue is partly down to talents. In order to get the most out of MG you have to drain your UAs on one target. In order to get the most out the AHC fight you want to be spreading dots around and drain sniping/UA sniping every add. Do you see how they are not compatible?

The second big issue is that you do not tag adds, that's insane!!! It's the heart of how Affy excels Do you understand how Wrath of Consumption works and that for every tagged add you get a soul? In addition, even with MG, throw another Agony out for more UAs. 

I will suggest that you try WiA-AC-SH-DE (perhaps with the Chest leggo SC may pull ahead? I do not know to be honest). This is pretty easy maintenance. When adds are about to spawn cast a Seed. Dot all adds with Agony and ensure you extend your SH, when adds are about to die drain and/or UA snipe. You could have generated another 30+ shards on that fight.

Sacro is a very good leggo on this fight if you have it. Sephuz as well if you can get some interrupts in.

You could also give WiA-Cont-SH-DE a whirl but that requires you to be keeping Corruption up on each mob as well and cycling UAs on them all. 

• Like 1

To give some context to your lack of sniping, you missed:

• Up to 3 Soul Shards on Garothi, with 1 mob being missed.
  • None on Felhounds, because there are no mobs to snipe.
  • Up to 34 Soul Shards on High Command, with 17 mobs being missed.
  • Up to 148 Soul Shards on Eonar, with 69 mobs being missed.
  • Up to 110 Soul Shards on Hasabel, with 52 mobs being missed.
  • None on Imonar, because there are no mobs to snipe.

As I'm sure you know, those missed shards are a massive impact on your DPS output.