FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Taalyn

Abysmal DPS, please help!

I am somewhat new to playing a warrior. I leveled from 1 to 110 as prot so fury is even newer still. I am doing pretty terrible DPS and I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong! My item level isn't bad, I'm pretty sure I don't have great legendaries, and sometimes I hit Rampage before 100 rage which I know is bad. Surely there's more though. My toon sims at 1.2 mil yet the best fight I have ever done finished out at 750k dps. I am usually around 500k - 650k. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/dragonblight/strawberry

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/30708022 (I'm not sure if I linked this one correctly, sorry if I did not)

Honestly I'm not experienced with Fury, but just looking at your legendaries tells me you need new ones.
Insignia is pretty bad for all classes, & Naj'entus is a purely AoE legendary. 

Legendaries aside, there's a few things to improve:

• You spend so much time just doing nothing. Fill between cooldowns with Furious Slash. There are moments of 2-3 seconds where you cast nothing after Raging Blow and then, instead of using Bloodthirst, you use Furious Slash twice. With the normal priority, this make no sense. You should be using Raging Blow in those moments where you did nothing, then using BT when you used FS.
  • You cast your Rampages below 100 rage far too often. This devalues your talent choice of Frothing Beserker, since you don't get the damage buff.
  • Why do you so rarely cast Odyn's? It's a big DPS loss to barely use your artifact ability.
  • On Garothi, you need to improve your movement for the boss abilities. You spend so much time away from the boss because of the slam mechanic, rather than leaping away at the last second and then charging back in. You spend 10 seconds away from the boss on the first slam. That's a big drop in DPS.

Just a few things to improve.

5 hours ago, Blainie said:

Legendaries aside, there's a few things to improve:

• You spend so much time just doing nothing. Fill between cooldowns with Furious Slash. There are moments of 2-3 seconds where you cast nothing after Raging Blow and then, instead of using Bloodthirst, you use Furious Slash twice. With the normal priority, this make no sense. You should be using Raging Blow in those moments where you did nothing, then using BT when you used FS.
  • You cast your Rampages below 100 rage far too often. This devalues your talent choice of Frothing Beserker, since you don't get the damage buff.
  • Why do you so rarely cast Odyn's? It's a big DPS loss to barely use your artifact ability.
  • On Garothi, you need to improve your movement for the boss abilities. You spend so much time away from the boss because of the slam mechanic, rather than leaping away at the last second and then charging back in. You spend 10 seconds away from the boss on the first slam. That's a big drop in DPS.

Just a few things to improve.

I believe that a lot of my problems stem from being so new to melee AND playing a fury warrior at the same time. Most of the time you saw me doing nothing I was probably panicking cause I'm not used to being that close to the boss.

I am aware that I have been casting Rampage too early, too many times. I just installed an addon to bring it to my attention when it’s the right time to cast it instead of relying on the button flash. I'm so used to hitting buttons as soon as they flash, so I'm working on breaking that habit.

I was rarely casting Odyn’s cause I thought it was more of an AoE talent. I will work on adding it to my rotation more regularly, and I will be practicing leaping/charging to get away from and back to the boss as quickly as possible!

Thanks so much for your input!

Also, I know I have terrible legendaries! I haven't been playing this toon for very long yet and my luck is awful. I'm working on it though!

• Like 1