FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Narik

Ass vs. Sub?

I hate these questions, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Noxxic seems to favor assassination over subtlety at 930/960 gear levels. Is that what the community is leaning toward now? Has sub failed to scale? Is it time to level up my Kingslayers?

10 hours ago, Narik said:

I hate these questions, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Noxxic seems to favor assassination over subtlety at 930/960 gear levels. Is that what the community is leaning toward now? Has sub failed to scale? Is it time to level up my Kingslayers?

179% doesn't matter.

Sub has better AoE and isn't punished for swapping targets nearly as much as Sin is

Sin has a shorter burst window on a lower cooldown, meaning you don't need to hold off on using it for mechanics as often as Sub does

They're basically equal and will excel at different fights and situations. I highly recommend learning all 3 specs, as all 3 are useful 

outlaw looks like trash atm (if you believe noxxic sim rankings, it is *THE* lowest dps spec currently in game); when is it useful? large aoe fight?

On 1/18/2018 at 12:06 AM, Narik said:

outlaw looks like trash atm (if you believe noxxic sim rankings, it is *THE* lowest dps spec currently in game); when is it useful? large aoe fight?

When it manages to get a 6-roll, it's an absolute beast. Also depends on T-21 4-piece and how lucky you are. There are 2 Outlaw Rogues in the top 10 for Mythic Garothi, with both using Slice and Dice. Their T-21 4-piece gives them a RtB effect for most of the fight. It's pretty crazy, but super RNG dependant, as the spec always was.