FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ArtOfTransmog

Super Aspect of the Wild CD

Greetings Fellow Huntsman/Huntresses

BM Summerhowl here. A thought occurred to me while I was running my heroic antorus with my guild tonight and was wondering if some of the more experienced hunters here could throw in some input/ideas.

The premiss/hypothesis is this: The 4 piece from the Serpent Stalker 4 piece is a 2.5 sec cool down removal for aspect of the wild when you use Kill Command. This 4 set, combined with a Call of the Wild, and (at least a 910) Convergeance of Fates would make for a new, "never before seen" cd rate for Aspect of the Wild. 

Now I personally am also running a 2 piece from Nighthold for the stomp build, as I have a 905 helm and pants, and I am using my Seven Lions and Soul of the Huntmaster, and I seem to be pulling about 1.25 mil on average. I don't know what the ideal legendaries and set pieces are for optimal dps, but I see other Bm hunters pulling more than me. IDK if this is just b/c they have better gear, or it's a better distribution of certain set pieces and legendaries, but I guess this is sort of a dual post for how to improve my dps, and thoughts on the idea of a 4 piece, CotW/CoF combo. 

I use CotW with 4pc T21 on my hunter if I ever play BM anymore (rarely). CoF is pretty mediocre for it now since it's only a 3 second reduction, but I still get aspect up for every 2nd BW, makes it a very bursty and quite consistent spec. Still utterly useless on AoE in Antorus though.

If you like the idea, just sim it, might end up being better for you depending on what items you've got equipped and can swap out for legendaries.

Hmmmm, I thought there was a nerf to CoF when wearing T21, but I don't see it in the hotfixes notes anymore. Was it reverted?

I haven't tested it, since my CoF is only 890 and I'm wearing 960 Shadow-Singed Fang and 975 Golganneth's pantheon trinket. I find it unlikely to be worth using CoF anyway unless you have a relinquished titanforged version of it.

EDIT: Just simmed it with my best gear and the average cooldown of Aspect of the Wild drops to 37 seconds (44% uptime). Which sounds impressive, but it's still a dps loss for me, even with a 930 CoF. It might work a bit better for cleave, but it's nothing great.

By the way, 905 ilvl T19 helm and pants is not a strong combination (those are high budget items which suffer the most from low item level), and 1.25 M dps is fairly low for Antorus. I recommend switching to T21 and off-pieces. T20 is only worth using if you have mythic titanforged pieces.

Edited by Khallid

22 hours ago, Khallid said:

T20 is only worth using if you have mythic titanforged pieces.

There is no such rule, mostly because that's false.

When you say that, you means "compared to a mythic T21" I assume, and in this case, it will be completly false.

The T20 is not very good, while the T21 is bad.
Don't forget to try T20 4p+ T21 2p, for best results.

On 1/20/2018 at 8:55 AM, sishrot said:

There is no such rule, mostly because that's false.

When you say that, you means "compared to a mythic T21" I assume, and in this case, it will be completly false.

The T20 is not very good, while the T21 is bad.
Don't forget to try T20 4p+ T21 2p, for best results.

Meh, of course there are no hard rules about it because there are a lot of qualifying factors, like what content do you regularly clear, but it's more realistic to drop Tier 20 if you don't have a mythic titanforged version of it. He is wearing mythic level Tier 19 according to his post (and the pants drop form Gul'dan), so I'm assuming he's a mythic raider or a heroic raider with lucky titanforges. Sue me if I'm wrong. Maybe he just pugged Nighthold after ToS opened and people clear heroic easily. I can't know that.

Tier 20 is very slightly better than Tier 21. Heroic T20 at 915 ilvl is worse than Heroic T21 at 945 ilvl. Mythic T20 at 930 is worse than mythic T21 at 960. But you had like 5 months of Tomb of Sargeras farm to get those sweet titanforges. If you did, good for you, wear T20. If you didn't, there's no need to keep running ToS to try to get them. It's bad advice to tell people to run old content because organized guilds mostly don't do that.

In theory T20 4-piece and T21 2-piece should be the best, but in reality, Tier 20 drops at 30 item levels higher and is stronger with 30 ilvl difference, which is how most drops actually happen. Whatever content you're clearing, if you don't get lucky titanforges, it's worth switching to Tier 21.

Furthermore, I think most people who should wear Tier 20 are already wearing it because they already know how to sim. Based on the little information we have about the OP's character, I don't think he should.

Edited by Khallid

43 minutes ago, BareMoon said:

Khallid is normal lvl T21 (930) essentially useless in any respect? I can't get any combination of gear to sim higher that my current setup

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/hydraxis/moonsindar

Heh 930 Tier 21 is overall pretty useless. You're actually in a very similar spot I was, since you have relatively high ilvl Tier 19 which also sims higher than a low level Tier 21 2-piece. You're going to need basically 950s or higher to replace that tier you're wearing. I was able to drop it using 960s from the weekly M+ cache and just high ilvl Tier 21.

Try simming replacing gloves and pants for heroic Tier 21. The 2/2/2 build. I think that should sim slightly higher than what you are wearing right now. However, replacing that 950 shoulder will be a lot harder. And you need a really high level helm before you can even hope to drop that Tier 19.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I actually have a 960 crit/haste helm but replacing the cloak with 945 still gives the 2pc set bonus from the T19 an edge. I'll hopefully get into some more heroic runs in the coming weeks and be able to try out your suggested 2/2/2. Thanks again! 

Tier 21 just got a small buff (now Kill Command it reduces AoTW by 3 seconds, up from 2.5 seconds). It's not massive, but maybe worth retesting. Call of the WIld is certainly a bit better than it was. It's well worth simming as a viable option if you use Tier 21 4-piece. It still doesn't come out on top for me, and Convergence of Fates doesn't seem to beat a 960 Shadow-Singed Fang, but if you happen to have a high level CoF and no high level trinkets you should at least give it a sim.

CoF and CotW still don't lower the cooldown of AotW enough to have it up for every Bestial Wrath.

Edited by Khallid

The game has me so frustrated right now. I was able to get my heroic 4pc T21 set and simmed it yesterday. Using a 2pc T20 and 4pc T21 still runs about 100k lower dps than my current T19 / T20 zoo build... which sims as 1,888,000 dps (non-movement). Such a pain because the entire summer will be a waste waiting for BFA to come out... :(

lol

1.89 M dps is not particularly high though, so it's not immediately obvious whether or not you're actually using the best build you can, but I know nothing about your gear to know for sure.

For endgame gear it's best to drop Tier 20 entirely in favor of a high ilvl chest and helm. But of course, that requires you to have a high ilvl chest and helm. I was only able to drop my Tier 19 and Tier 20 once all my Tier 21 gear was above 945 with 960 offpieces and that was same dps at higher ilvl (which gives a lot of health, so it's definitely better).

Edited by Khallid

Well, there's nothing obviously wrong with your gear or anything. However, I'm surprised that you can't switch out 2 pieces already. Tier 21 gloves and pants have better stats than Tier 20 (which has versatility), so 945 T21 2-piece using those two pieces should be better than the 920/925 T20 4-piece. To switch all your old tier out you need high level offpieces, and those offpieces should be helm and chest.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 1